If you need a side dish and you like corn – THIS is the dish for you. It’s an adaption of a Cooking Light I found 5-6 years ago. I frequently make it for potlucks and family gatherings – and it’s an excellent accompaniment to the easiest pork ever, which just so happened to be what we ate tonight.
So here you go. If you try it – let me know!
- 3/4 cup of egg beaters (or 3 eggs)
- 8oz of reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 can of creamed can
- 1 box of Jiffy corn bread mix (you can’t skip this recipe!)
- 2 cans of corn (you can use fresh or frozen too – I think each can is 14oz)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat over to 425.
Mix eggs and cream cheese until somewhat smooth and not super lumpy. Add cornbread mix, creamed corn, and 2 cans of can. Mix thoroughly.
Poor into casserole dish. Add peppers, onion, sugar/salt/pepper and mix. Bang on the counter a few times to get the air out (and to get ALLLL of your frustrations out). Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes.
Casserole should be consistent on the outside, but warm and gooey on the inside.
Eat. A lot. It’s kinda like dessert and dinner combined.Enjoy!