Obviously, I’m excited about my birthday (FYI, it’s Sunday, not today). I know people are supposed to hate their birthdays after age 25, but not me! I love celebrating. In my opinion, age is just a number. The fact that you’ve lived another year of life — full of experiences, learning, and fun should be revered! It’s not just about YOUR day – it’s about your mom (#1), your family and your friends that have been there for you!
So here are my top 5 memorable birthdays — and a few cute pictures thrown in for fun!
1. ACTUAL birthday – I don’t remember it, but I’m sure my mom does! What a day it was Life has never been the same!
2. 10th birthday – We borrowed a tent (I think – we might have stolen it!Kidding.) and my friends and I slept in the backyard. I remember junk food and Mad Libs. LOTS of Mad Libs.
3. 19th Birthday – The hubby and I had just started dating. I celebrated with him, Cole, my brothers, and ice cream cake!
4. 21st Birthday – My 21st birthday wasn’t your typical birthday celebration — I was actually at my cousin’s wedding! Happy Anniversary Jen & Chris Since I was in MA for my birthday — and I had a FL driver’s license THEY WOULDN’T SERVE ME. Instead – everyone else got me drinks! I remember my cousin John handing me my first gin & tonic. I thought it was DISGUSTING. Oh how times have changed.
Dan also gave me a “promise ring” for my birthday. Awww…so sweet!
5. 30th Birthday – We celebrated at Firkin & Kegler. There was a lot of beer (they were giving away free Dos Equis), a little dancing, and a lot fun. I also got a belated birthday gift some months later. If you do the math…
This year we’re keeping it low key — pizza, beer & Mellow Mushroom. Good times. Good friends. Fun memories!
What’s your most memorable birthday? It might be this year — especially with 12 miles before 6:30 to kick it off