So last night’s book club was really fun. I was really interested how each person felt about the book and was impressived at how we all managed to respect each others opinions on the topic. No hair pulling or girl fights. Sorry boy(s). Bonus – the food, the sangria, and the dessert (all provided by the hostess!) were awesome. The 2lbs of 7-layer dip and the most heavenly slice of flan that I’ve ever tasted definitely motivated me to get my booty out of bed this morning and run my sprints!
Today’s 5 for Friday is a little different. Honestly, I couldn’t decide on just topic – so I figured why not do a top 5 of 5s? Maybe it’s my secret Type A personality shining through, but I love lists – so here we go:
5 Books I Want Read Right Now
- One Day (I need to start reading this STAT!)
- What Alice Forgot (reading this for next month’s real life book club – I think)
- Before I Go to Sleep (the other book we discussed reading. Apparently memory loss is “in.”)
- Dreams of Joy (I LOOOOVE Lisa See)
- Cutting for Stone (I bought this one months ago. STILL haven’t read it!)
5 Things I’ve Purchased Recently
- Tickets/Hotel is Vegas – THE TRIP IS BOOKED!!
- Silver Coach Wristlet (Could you pass up an extra 30% off??)
- A puppy (oh wait, no. That was Brittany – hee)
- A Plane Ticket to DC
- Banana Bread Beer (for the Hubby)
5 People I Started Following on Twitter
- @adamlalikos (my “little” brother – he needs to tweet more)
- @PinkRunnerBlog (I love the color pink and I love running)
- @kristinalarueRD (because she’s super cute and also running the Savannah full!)
- @AthleteWannabe (not sure WHY I wasn’t following her before)
- @fitblogchats (because I’m behind the times)
5 Blogs I’ve Loved This Week
- Running off the Reese’s (even though I want to write it like “Running of the Reese’s)
- These Happy Miles
- MomJovi (especially the post about the death of her friend’s husband. Gives you perspective.)
- Gourmet Runner (mainly because of her seriously awesome running hair)
- The Singing Runner
5 Things I’ve Accomplished This Week
- I ran without music – by myself
- I updated my Blogroll. You’re welcome, Paula.
- I faced the FEAR of the free weights area – and did a workout with Heather on Wednesday (thanks H!)
- I drank water. Everyday. Not just wine (I swear)
- I fought the urge to buy an insanely expensive bag that would get dirty in 5 seconds flat. Harder than it sounds, I swear
Now your turn — pick any of these topics and share/brag!
Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday — and even BETTER weekend!