Another week! More meals and more workouts! The excitement is palpable.
Our menu for the week…
- Pizza (last night)
- Enchilada Pasta with Chicken (I’m modifying this recipe. YUM.)
- Broiled Steak and Oven Fries
- Pulled Pork and Baked Beans
- Pasta with Balsamic Peppers, Onions & Chicken Sausage
- Mac & Cheese (I have a work thing and the hubby is feeding 3 kids and a baby!)
- Black Beans & Rice
As I’ve mentioned a few hundred times, this week starts my taper. What exactly does that mean?? Well, for this week – not too much.
Per Susan Paul, MS (Track Shack Training Program Director)
During the first week of your taper, cut your total weekly mileage by 20-30% from your highest mileage week. This means reducing your weekday runs and your weekend run. The weekend run after your last long run should include a run of 10 to 14 miles. The intensity or run pace for Taper Week One should be AT your goal marathon race pace or slightly slower rather than faster. Increase your protein intake during the first week of tapering to ensure adequate nutrition for muscle tissue repair.
I’ll cut my weekly mileage down ever so slightly and will probably run 12-13 miles on Sunday.
- M: Off (umm – I don’t know that I could do anything if I tried!)
- T: 5 miles Tempo
- W: Upper Body/Elliptical (or Stairs)
- R: Sprints (4-6 800s at 10K pace)
- F: Off
- S: Spin (maybe?)
- S: 10-14 miles