Happy Thanksgiving Week!
(This is SO spot on. What’s with the Christmas decorations, advertisting, and music BEFORE Halloween??)
I have to say it completely blows my mind that this week is Thanksgiving. Didn’t we just celebrate the New Year?
This week is going to be pretty uneventful, with the exception of the big day! I will be cooking up a storm throughout the week – hopefully as much as possible before Thursday so I can just sit around in the afternoon and relax!
Here’s what we are eating this week:
- Bruschetta salad (had this tonight)
- Boca Burgers and Lemony Cabbage
- Garlic Shrimp with Orzo
- Pasta with Marinara
For Thanksgiving I’m making…
- Cinnamon Rolls (homemade – from Pioneer Woman) <– I’ll have extra, anyone want some?
- Small turkey breast (cooked in the Crockpot)
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Apple-Pear Sausage Stuffing
- Biscuits (not homemade in anyway, shape, or form!)
And for dessert — I am attempting an Apple Pie (except I forgot the ice cream – oops)!
We are keeping things low key this year – and it’s just us (although we are going to the hubby’s grandparents for lunch). I’m sure I will still have WAY too much food.
As for the workouts…
My legs are STILL killing me, but I’m going to move ahead with this schedule:
3 miles recovery (these miles are going to be VERY SLOW)Off (legs still too sore – boo!)
- T: 6 miles tempo
- W: Upper body – maybe some lower body if my legs feel better
- R: 6 miles, plus a possible 5K (word on the street there’s a Turkey Trot in Avalon Park)
- F: Off
- S: Spin
We are also planning on seeing The Muppets sometime this week — I can’t wait!!
What are YOU eating this week? Making any Thanksgiving recipes? Do you keep up your normal workout routine during the holidays?