Competitive? Me?

Today started with a 6-miler tempo run. I hate to classify my runs as “tempo” because I feel like I’m really bad at maintaining the same pace mile after mile. At least when I’m NOT racing. Somehow this morning I pulled it off – so I’m calling it a tempo run. My goal was to warm up and then run my miles at a 9:20ish pace. Good news – my goal was pretty much accomplished. The first mile clocked in at 9:38 and then, I was speedier from there. I finished in 56:48 – with 9:28 average. Not bad, especially since I wasn’t really PUSHING the pace. I felt like this was a really comfortable run. The weather (50 degrees) helped. I’m pretty sure 50 degrees is my PERFECT running temperature.

It was back to work today and after a relatively busy day, I picked up a Thai feast on the way home.

photo

photo

I ordered from Thai Singha – which is my favorite local Thai restaurant. It also helps that it’s close! On the menu: Drunken Noodles with Chicken, Pineapple Fried Rice, and Veggie Spicy Bamboo Shoots. I also ordered their Veggie Lemongrass Soup (which is by far my favorite item on their menu) for lunch tomorrow.

Also joining us for dinner were my friends Tracy and Heather.

photo

A long, long time ago (I’m dramatic) Heather was my workout buddy — and I haven’t seen her in THREE months. This was also the first time she’s seen my floors – which we got in JULY. So you know if was time for a get together!

After dinner and after the kids went to bed – the real fun began. Yes, I’m talking about Just Dance 3.

jd3

Since the hubby is injured and Tracy refuses to dance – it was Heather and me for about 2 hours of dancing. I started out as a winner, but as Heather got the hang of it she started to kick my ass. I’d like to say it didn’t bother me but…

photo

Pictures say a thousand words!

(and yes, I played in my PJs without a bra on – you’re welcome) (MomJovi, my shirt is for you)

It’s hard for me to admit defeat – and while I DID win the last round that we played (WOOT!), Heather definitely won. *hangs head in shame*

That said, we both felt the burn — and by burn I mean we got all hot and sweaty. This game is a SERIOUS workout. (Does that mean I just did a 2-a-day?).

photo

We’ve decided that our rematch will include our significant others, and a lot of alcohol (and lots of bribing to get Tracy to participate). Sounds like a plan to me!

Such a fun night – totally unexpected for a Tuesday!

Are you a good dancer? (I thought I had rhythm until we got this game – now it’s questionable) What’s your favorite Thai dish?

Comments

OMG love that you played Just Dance AFTER the kids went to bed! So much fun! I usually think I’m an ok dancer, but I think that is directly related to the amount of alcohol I’ve consumed.

Love me some Thai food, but I don’t eat it enough to know what my favorite is . . . :/ I do know that I like drunken noodles and pad thai, so that’s something!
    Melissa recently posted..Motivating

• Michelle says

Oh yeah – had to wait until after because then they would have wanted to stay up with us :) I totally agree about dancing relating to the amount of alcohol consumed. Ha!

I feel like I always get the SAME thing when I’m at a Thai restaurant. Oh wait, that’s every restaurant.

I just want to roll in that Thai food! Thai Singha is my favorite as well. I love their summer rolls (best peanut sauce ever) and their yellow curry. Looks like such a fun night! I have zero rhythm, but at least it’d be entertaining!
    Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Hawkers

• Michelle says

I don’t know that I’ve ever had their yellow curry. Maybe I’ll try it next.

I was definitely not winning any awards for dancing or grace – but it WAS fun.

• Michelle says

We should! I know you guys go to Dance Trance on Saturdays — wish I could but I have the kids (Dan works). Hmmmm.

Jumping in here … if you thought they could entertain each other, Elisa (the Dance Trance owner) has a room right off the dance studio that people sometimes put their kids in. OK, that sounds weird. But L. might be a bit too young and they’d have to wear earmuffs for some of the more R-rated songs! Too bad E. has piano on Sat mornings now — I’d tell you to just drop them off here and DadJovi could be Daddy Daycare!

There are also classes on Sunday evenings at 5 that I’ve taken a few times. That could work!
        Jackie @ MomJovi recently posted..Is My Kid Reading My Blog?

• Michelle says

I LOVE red curry too :)

I’m thinking I’ll be back mid March (maybe I can treat you to a belated birthday dinner!). I’m hoping to have more notice this time – and hopefully you won’t be in Brazil!