#1 You must post these rules.
#2 Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
11 Things About Me (aka – the hard part)
- I hated running in high school. I tried out for the tennis team (which is completely laughable) and struggled to run ONE mile around the track when everyone else was out running 4-5 miles.
- I’m a girly girl. I don’t like dirt. I don’t like to be hot and sweaty (despite my chosen sport). I am ambivalent about sports.
- I’m really annoyed that I don’t have a redheaded child. I thought that was part of the deal when I got married.
- I am not a hugger or a cuddler. If I hug you, it’s typically an awkward situation or I’m drunk.
- I sleep on the left side of the bed – and I’m pretty sure I always have.
- The HATE cleaning bathrooms and folding laundry.
- My least favorite celebrity couple is Angelina and Brad. They annoy the shit out of me.
- The hubby and I had our first “official” date at McDonald’s. We’re klassi.
- I’m only a quarter Greek – but the Greek genes are STRONG.
- Florida State was the only college I applied to… good thing I got in!
- I’m a crier and it’s not pretty.
1. What’s one goal you’ve achieved that you never thought you could?Run a marathon! Duh.
2. Is your life now what you thought it would be 10 years ago? Yes and no. I have the career and family that I thought I would have – but it’s still different.
3. What’s your favorite quote?
“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” Albert Einstein
4. Do you like to read? What was the last book you read?
Yes! I’m currently re-reading Hunger Games. Last book I finished was The Violets of March by Sarah Jio (it was OK).
5. Do you think you’re photogenic?
Not really. I think I was far more photogenic when I was a kid!
6. When was the last time you made a new friend?
2 weekends ago when I finally met this lady 🙂
7. Do you wear nail polish?
On my toes – yes. Gotta cover up those black toenails!
8. What’s one food that other people go crazy over that you could take or leave?
Chocolate (gives me a headache)
9. What was the last thing you tried that was completely new to you?
I joined a running group and met some awesome people. I’ve also put myself out there and met all kinds of news friends in the past year thanks to blogging!
10. Do you like to take risks or play it safe?
A little of both. I try to take calculated risks – but truthfully experiencing failure is just as important to living as success.
11. What is the best experience you’ve had in the past year?
Definitely training for and finishing my first marathon!
1. Favorite food or restaurant? CARBS. I love bread and any kind of noodle dish.
2. Favorite childhood memory? Going to Disney when I was 8. We lived in MA at the time! We took a limo to the airport 🙂
3. Biggest pet peeve? It’s a tie between whistling and knuckle cracking
4. Guilty pleasure? Cupcake Red Velvet Wine
5. Why did you start blogging? So I could ramble about running and document my family life
6. If everyone was safe, what possession would you grab from your house if there was a fire? Probably my Mac.
7. Favorite season? Spring and Fall – I pick both of them since they are so short lived!
8. Celebrity crush? Lately I’ve been digging Channing Tatum. I really like his… dimples.
9. Idea of a perfect day? A nice long run, brunch with my family and friends, a little PS3 Just Dance, and cuddling with my kid
10. Favorite movie? Never Been Kissed
11. What would you do with the money if you won the lottery? Pay off my debt, take my family on a nice vacation, and invest
1. What is your favorite TV show? Oh there are so many — but we’ll go with HIMYM right now.
2. Skiiing: downhill, cross country or water (or all/none!) None. I’m not coordinated enough/live near snow!
3. Favorite season: winter, spring, summer or fall? Spring and fall (see above!)
4. Peanut butter or almond butter? Neither – I’m sensitive to nuts (TWSS), but I do LOVE Sunbutter!
5. Did you play sports in high school? Nope – unless you consider eating fast food a sport?
6. Who’s your favorite singer/band? Justin Bieber! Ok just kidding…everyone knows it’s Coldplay!
7. Country music: yay or nay? Yay to some stuff. The first dance song at our wedding was by Garth Brooks!
8. What’s your favorite drink at Starbucks? Venti, Nonfat, 2-pump mocha
9. What is your current fitness goal? 1:55 half marathon
10. What’s your favorite type of exercise? Running – followed closely by spin
11. What’s your dream job? I’m pretty happy with what I’m doing right now — but maybe a personal healthy chef.
Instead of tagging people — just leave me a comment. Tell me something random about yourself! Who’s your favorite celebrity/crush? What side of the bed do you sleep on?