Woo-hoo Friday!!! So let’s get down to it…here’s what’s going on in my world.
1. I get to celebrate this terrific kid today!
We are going to his school for “lunch” (it’s at 10:45) today to eat with him. He is pumped. This is how you know he’s 5. When does that stop? I don’t want it to.
I also signed him up for FIRST RACE this week! He’ll be running Track Shack’s Smile Mile (it’s actually just a half mile for his age group). I’m so excited for him!
2. This little lady is OFFICIALLY potty trained.
It really happened over night. One day she was being stubborn, the next day she was “a big girl.” I’m so happy I’m dancing and so is my bank account!
3. I did this workout last night with the hubby.
I thought he was going to puke.
He can’t do push ups yet (because of his broken arm, remember?) so he did Turkish Getups instead. I can’t do real pushups (I’m a wuss – though I would like that to change) so I did 10 girly ones, instead of 5 regular ones. We did 3 rounds. OK, I did 3 rounds, he did 2. It was a great quick workout. And in case you were wondering – yes I did sleep in again.
4. I have terminated my contract with Foodbuzz. No offense to Foodbuzz – but soon after I joined my blog because less food focused. Marathon training took over my life and I was (and at times still am) on cruise control mode. I know food will always be a focus of my life (and I will still be posting recipes here!), but I didn’t feel a connection in that ad network.
5. It’s RACE WEEKEND!!! Gasparilla is absolutely one of my favorite races and I hope that this year doesn’t disappoint.
Dude, what was I wearing it was like 80 degrees?
- My A goal?? 1:55 Do I think I can hit it? Yes. Do I think I will hit it? Maybe – depending on the 800 different variables that I’ll encounter during the race.
- My B goal? Under my PR (1:58)
- My C goal? Sub-2
- My D goal? HAVE FUN
At least ONE of this goals is going to happen. And there’s going to be a post-race beer.
Happy Friday to all!