That’s how long it is until this movie comes out.
And I officially put in a plea yesterday with Paula and my BFF Kate… I NEED AN INTERVENTION. (So far they are just mocking me)
I have been crazy, overly excited about this movie, the trailers, the clips, the characters. Notice I didn’t have any February books (and I completely skipped out on my real-life book club book)? Yeah, I was re-reading Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay.
I even bought tickets the first day they came out (although – I bought them for a day/time I can’t go, so I need to figure out if I can transfer them to another day).
Need more proof that I need an intervention? Here’s what I’ve been thinking about lately.
1. Why do people keep comparing this series to Twilight?
Yes, I get it they are both YA books, but that’s where the similarities end. These books are about society and war. About survival and rebellion. And they are well written.
2. There is no Team Peeta or Team Gale.
These books are NOT about the boy. Yes, the “love” story is important, but not in the way people may expect.
3. Josh Hutcherson is so little, but it killing it in his 3-piece suite. (in his defense JLaw is wearing heels, and Liam Hemsworth is like 6’4 and Australian <–which has nothing to do with his height)
4. WHO is going to play Finnick??? And Johanna???
5. I love that these books are about a strong woman and that gender is simply NOT an issue. Nobody is all “Oh, Katniss can’t do that because she’s a girl.” And she’s not sitting around pining for some boy to sweep her off her feet. And also I might have a new girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence to go along with my Elizabeth Banks girl crush.
I could go on and on….Please send help.
Have anything you want to confess?
And PS – This article cracked me up. How many of YOU don’t know a thing about The Hunger Games? You are not alone.