Thank you for all of the book recommendations! If you don’t read the comments – here are some of the books now on my list:
- Matched (Trilogy)
- Life As We Knew It
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
- Shadow & Bone
- Confessions of a Scary Mommy (So this isn’t in the comments, but I imagine Jackie and Kerry would have recommended it!)
- And don’t forget Insurgent — the 2nd book in the Divergent series – comes out on May 1st.
I have a lot of reading to do!
Now for my three things…
1. I didn’t run today and I’m not going to run again until Saturday. I feel OK about this. Kinda.
Maybe it’s this time of year, but I have no motivation to get out bed and run. It feels like a chore right now. I AM excited about running 10 miles on Saturday – but it’s more about running with other people than the run. I need a goal. I need a race. I need something. I miss WANTING to run. Does that make sense?
2. I suck at parenting sometimes. Definitely today.
More on that later…
3. and speaking of books, I want this…
This is the new Nook Glowlight. Has the ability to read in ePub (which feels like you are reading a real book) AND it has the ability to be backlit it when you want.
MOST importantly — J.K. Rowling has a new book coming out on September 27th – Casual Vacancy – and I hope it doesn’t suck. The scary part? It’s NOT a YA book – it’s intended for an adult audience.
The new book, aimed at a grown-up audience, will be set in a seemingly idyllic English town called Pagford which is described as far more menacing than its pretty facade would indicate.
It opens with the sudden death of a popular man whose unexpected demise shocks the town. The battle for his seat on the local council sets off “the biggest war the town has yet seen,” with rich people fighting poor, parents battling their teenagers, and wives in conflict with their husbands.
Hmmmm….Not sure what to think. It could be awesome. It could fall flat. I’m nervous for her. Harry Potter (which I always write as Harry Potty!) is a hard act to follow.
Time for 3 random questions: What you do WANT right now? Favorite book? Last major FAIL?