So, I was supposed to start Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp today but instead I’m taking this…
*Cough* *cough *cough* This is ridiculous — pretty sure my coworkers are about to chuck me out the window.
And taking it easy. Actually, working out seems to make me feel better (as long as it’s not my sinuses), but I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night and I knew I wouldn’t be in my best form. I will probably attempt Day 2 tomorrow, if I’m up to it. Even though I’m VERY excited to start my workouts, I know that it’s not worth it to push myself when I can’t breath.
That said.. I did actually get to food shopping this week (woo-hoo!) and I DO have a workout plan, even if I had to modify it.
As for food. It’s never a good idea to make a shopping list or go food shopping when you are hungry, but unfortunately that’s what I did this week. Can you tell?
- General Tso’ Chicken <–frozen meal… OK, so I had popcorn and abs because I went to see Magic Mike with the girls.
- Arugula and Penne Salad (w/Cannellini beans instead of chickpeas) <–one of my favs
- Lemon Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Rice
- Summer Salad
- Roasted Summertime Chickpea Salad
- Bow Ties with Chicken Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Balsamic
- Veggie Egg Scramble with Alexia Potatoes
- Monday – Off
- Tuesday – Workout A + 20 minutes of 60/60 HIIT on the treadmill
- Wednesday – Spin
- Thursday – Bootcamp Class
- Friday – 5 mile Run (if that’s humanly possible)
- Saturday – Workout B + 20-30 minutes of cardio
- Sunday – Spin + either a run or Workout C
Next week will definitely be different… I might even follow the plan!
I’m am supposed to have weekly goals – and while I don’t have an overall goal for this (other than – to keep me motivated) my goals this week are 1. to get over the fear of the weights area at my gym and 2. Fit in a lot more strength training than usual.
It’s a little weird to not being doing so much running (haven’t I been saying this all summer though?), but I think this is going to a) make me stronger and b) make me miss running. Truthfully, I’m kinda excited to see what I can do!
When’s the last time you switched things up? (doesn’t have to be workout related… maybe you got a new duvet cover?)