Oh hey, remember when I used to do this every Friday? It’s been a while!
Since I whined about how maybe I’m not really a runner anymore (but believe me, I know I still am!), let me tell you about the things I miss about running…because damn… I really do miss it.
1. The long run – Yes, I know that I might be considered certifiable by some, but the long run is definitely my favorite kind of run. The mornings are early (like 3am early), but there is just something about the long run that gets me out of bed. I miss logging 14-16-18 miles. I miss the conversational pace. I can’t wait to do that again!
2. The people – Of course, I miss this girl the most (even though I do get to see her every now and then!), but this spring my running group lead moved to Las Vegas and it just hasn’t been the same! I know he is enjoying Las Vegas, but I am selfish. I need to find new people to run with.
3. The races – Hands down the best part of running is racing. The night before jitters, the morning of jitters, the people, the inspiration, the medals, the post-race beer. I miss them all.
4. The food – When I’m running — my appetite is INSANE. Now, I still eat a lot (my friends can vouch for this), but I definitely can’t eat as much as I used to – and yes, this a bad thing. I love, love, love food. And I want to eat lots of it while I can and without major consequence.
5. The challenge – I can spin, I can strength train, I can Zumba (ok, I’ll probably won’t ever do that) — but nothing challenges me and gets my hear rate higher MORE than running. Nothing feels more natural either. It’s such an interesting balance – and a balance that I miss.
So now I’m ready to run a marathon again — who’s in? (kidding…not ready, YET)
Do you run? What do love about it? If not, what do you miss?