1. Tonight is my Fantasy Football draft.
I love football season — although I’m more of a college football fan (Go Noles!). About 6 years ago a friend convinced me to play in his league and I’ve been hooked ever since. Ladies, if your men love NFL, then I suggest you join a league. It’s a great way to actually care about the massive amounts of football that is on your TV screen every Sunday and Monday night! I’m excited because there are 3 other women playing this year and we are going to DOMINATE.
2. My brother is competing in his 2nd Natural Bodybuilding competition on Saturday!
This was him WINNING the first one.
Your life isn’t complete until you’ve seen your brother on stage, looking like a tall oompa loompa, wearing a bikini speedo.
In all seriousness, I’m extremely proud of my “little” brother because he puts in endless hours, eats more chicken than I eat in a year, and is just seriously dedicated. Sooo — a huge good luck goes out to AJ…Kill it dude!
3. I’ve realized these past 2 weeks that 1st grade is serious business! Tomorrow B has his first spelling test. SPELLING TEST! IN FIRST GRADE! I don’t even think I started this spelling business until 3rd grade. He also has vocabulary words he learns each week…
Please tell me why my 6 year old needs to know the word quiver? I mean, I guess if we are talking about a bow and arrow it’s relevant?
4. I know you guys are sick of me talking about Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp — but I cannot tell you how much it has changed my perspective on working out! (and I don’t just say that because I love her)
For example, today I couldn’t access the workout I was supposed to do (Week 6 – Workout B). Normally, if I don’t have a strength training workout I can follow, I ditch it for cardio. But tonight was the first time I actually DID a workout on my own. I decided to do a circuit superset workout — with 5 minutes of running in between each superset.
This is partially true.
I felt gross and sweaty at the end – and exhausted and PROUD of the fact that I didn’t pick the “easy” way out. Woo! (By the way — Bootcamp starts up again at the end of October – you too can sign up!)
5. There are random strangers in my backyard bushes calling for “Logan” every night. Either someone “forgets” to put their dog on a leash or there is a guy/kid lost in the woods. Someone should really do something about that.
6. I went to the grocery store last night and this is how the dude in front of me emptied his cart.
Besides being concerned about what he is eating — what is this about? Was he worried that I might hog his grocery store belt space? Meanwhile, I had a pretty full cart and I needed to wait until the guy was almost completely checked out before I put my stuff on the belt. It’s really the little things that annoy me isn’t it?
3 Random Questions: What is your go-to workout? Fantasy Football — do you play? Fess up – are you a grocery belt hog??