I’m not going to recap my year because — well — that’s why I have a blog. It’s already recapped (so enjoy some random pictures of some of my favorite memories instead!). Now can we talk about how 2012 is already over???
Here are some of my highlights….
- I dubbed 2012 as the year of travel – and travel we did (at least until August). Between work trips to DC, St. Louis, and Norfolk and personal trips to Las Vegas, San Francisco, Sonoma, Tallahassee (twice!), Miami, Tampa, and Sarasota – I have had some great experiences and definitely made a lot of fun memories.
- Running was not as big as a priority in 2012 as it was in 2011, but that’s OK. I still managed to run 4 half marathons this year and a few smaller races. I also hit a new PR (much to my surprise!) for the half.
- Work has been both busy and successful for me this year. I continue to build on my skill set (I realize half of you have no idea what I do, so I won’t bore you with the details) and there is the potential for a lot of growth and new opportunities in 2013 that I’m definitely looking forward to!
- I started to focus more on strength training and as much as it’s still not my favorite, I hope to continue working on it in the new year – especially after May.
Family was a a big priority for me this year and they’ve made some big milestones!
- Dan broke his arm (which obviously is not a good thing), but turned it into something good when he been slightly addicted to indoor cycling. He was also given more responsibility at work and has been relatively successful this year (could I be more vague?).
- B started reading chapter books on his own and has repeatedly announced that he loves to write (this warms my heart!). He has really settled down in school this year. I got to volunteer in class a few weeks ago and I can really tell he loves his teacher, his classmates, and school.
- L is now potty trained and can spell and write her name. She is a sassy lady and is currently obsessed with princesses at home and dirt at school (apparently she is quite the tomboy there!). She has no idea what’s coming at her in 2013, but I know she will take it in stride!
When I look back at where my kids where a year ago it makes me a little nostalgic They look so little! But at the same time it makes me happy to see how much they’ve grown and what great little people they have become.
There is no doubt that 2013 is going to be an exciting year with a new baby on the way! It’s funny to think that a year ago on NYE I was sitting around with friends discussing our plans to add a 3rd. We were still wavering at that point – but it was definitely a tentative goal (if you can call it that?) for 2012 – and now it’s reality.
As I get older and the more I reflect, the more I realize how much can really happen in a year if you MAKE it happen. I don’t have any big plans or resolutions for 2013 — but I know that life has big plans for me and I’m ready to go just go with the flow. I want to have a healthy pregnancy, I want to spend quality time with my kids, I want to get rid of some of the CLUTTER in my house, I want to stay busy at work, I want to do a few fall races and I want to have fun with my friends.
Bottom line: I want to be the best mom, wife, daughter, sister, and friend that I can possibly be. Basically, I want to continue to find balance. That’s not too much to ask for, right??
I have to say 2012 was a pretty fantastic year — and 2013 has a lot to live up to…but I’m ready for it!
I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year’s Eve and a happy, healthy, blessed 2013!!!