This has simultaneously felt like the longest and the shortest week. I worked on Monday, but most people in my office did not and it’s really thrown me for a loop. At the same time, mom-related things have been challenging me this week (more so than usual) and I’m just ready to slow it down for the weekend. Yeah, because “slowing it down” actually happens.
I was going to do a Five for Friday post – but eh, who needs structure? Here’s a bunch of random stuff going on in my life…
It’s a 15-hour online course that covers the physiology and psychology of weight loss, nutrition, exercise guidelines, and other relevant weight loss assessment tools. It’s designed to help fitness professionals meet their weight loss goals. I’m excited about this course for three reasons: 1) I really, really want to do the NASM Certified Personal Trainer program this year and it gives me a little insight into their course design and 2) I design online training and I’m kinda a nerd about this kind of stuff. Truthfully, I would love to design health and fitness training some day. 3) I considered going into health and nutrition before I decided on psychology/learning and I really feel passionate about the topic. Obesity – especially childhood obesity – is such a big issue right now that touches me and my family on so many levels. It’s an epidemic that we NEED to do something about.
I’m sure I will sharing what I’ve learned in weeks to come!
2. I love this eye shadow.
I have been using the cheap stuff forever and I’m pretty sure I can’t go back. (I like the other stuff too – but the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette is definitely worth the splurge!)
3. I went to a blogger meetup last night and I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard in months.
I love my local blogging girls.
Dinner was at Pho Hoang Minh and it was sooooooo good. I love pho.
Christine organized the event and even brought drinks ! I obviously didn’t partake, but she themed 3 drinks to 3 movies nominated for Oscars: The Lincoln (an apple drink for Lincoln), The Bathtub (Kahlua and Bailey’s were involved for Beasts of the Southern Wild), and Red Wine (for Les Mis – because really, what other drink is appropriate?). These drinks (and the other 6) will be featured on her blog very soon!
4. I don’t necessarily know if I look any bigger this week, but I feel like this baby is so much heavier. It COULD be because my ligaments are recovering from last Saturday. All I know is that rolling over in bed suddenly became a lot tougher.
Also, I don’t know why it looks like my mirror is so dirty.
5. I am having one of those days where I think my kids are adorable.
For what it’s worth, I did not feel this way yesterday.
6. I really tried to read I am Charlotte Simmons because I feel like everyone has read it and loved it — and after 300 pages (out of 700) I’m throwing in the towel. Maybe I’ll pick it up another time (<-probably not). Instead I’ve switched to Terra. I love that it was written by a fellow blogger!
I’m all of like 2 chapters into it. Full review to come!
7. We started watching The Following this week and I’m already hooked.
I hope they keep up the creepy factor – as well as the well-played twists. I love a show that keeps me guessing! I’m also excited about The Americans starting up this week…
Keri Russell!! She is one of my favorites and I love spy dramas. I REALLY hope it doesn’t suck.
8. Best Body Bootcamp is kicking my legs in the ass this week (umm.. if that’s possible), but in a good way.
This week’s nemesis? Balance!! I’ve been able to most of the moves without modifying, but the balance aspect of it is hilarious and challenging. It’s as if I have something large pulling me forward for some reason. Hmmm.
I’m still soooo happy with my decision to sign up for this challenge. I don’t know that I would have worked out AT ALL this week after my race last week – and really it just takes one lazy week for me to get stuck in a rut. Are you stuck in a rut?? Sign up for a good challenge. It’s amazing what it can do for you – mentally AND physically.
9. I am really starting to ramp up with the baby gear purchases, but I’m still in denial that I’m going to be a mom of three. I feel like I’m just buying stuff for someone else at this point! The past week I’ve bought diapers, breastfeeding supplies, a nose frida, and car seats. I *think* the only thing I’m lacking is a baby monitor (I’m going to splurge and by a video one this time around and a bouncer (any of my new friends want to lend me one for a few months? ). I am starting to feel like I am insane for doing this all again.
10. I think my brain is empty now. Happy Friday!!