Thank you all so much for your nice comments and commiseration on not running again until after the baby . Yes, I was being a bit dramatic – but it does surprise me how much it bothers me. I guess that means I really love it!
Instead of dwelling, now it’s time for another Three Things Thursday. Let’s get down to business.
1. Just because I’m not running doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate my compression socks.
I actually forgot I bought these and busted them out this week. Some timing right? They are definitely helping me with with my silly varicose veins and helping me avoid middle of the leg cramps <–those are the WORST.
I know a lot of people run in these things. I’m not 100% convinced that they would help me. I guess I’ll find out sometime this summer!
2. Tonight is the series finale of 30 Rock. *sniff*
I remember the first time I watched this show, I HATED it. Then I forced myself to keep watching and now it’s seriously one of my top 10 shows ever. It’s ridiculous and over the top and it makes me love Alec Baldwin.
I am surprised it’s lasted for as long as it has and I’m so happy it will live on in syndication. If you’ve never watched or just caught an episode and thought “WTH is going on with this show?” give it a chance because it silly, but so incredibly smart. Plus: Tina Fey.
3. Tomorrow we are having a chili cook off at work! I teamed up with a few of my coworkers to form “Veg on the Edge.” Yes, our chili is vegetarian. We’re also serving margaritas, because what’s chili without a few margs? Of COURSE, I will not be drinking them (Boo!), but we are using the margarita recipe I discovered last summer. I promised to share it and despite the odd timing – here it is!
Simple Lime Margaritas
Ingredients (makes 1 large margarita – I usually make it in batches of 4)
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 3 ounces of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 ounces of quality tequila (I prefer silver over gold)
- 1 teaspoons of orange liquor (I use either Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- Salt for rim (optional)
Salt the rim of your glass. Combine ingredients into a shaker. Shake. Pour over ice. Drink. Keeping drinking. Drink one for me.
3 Random Questions:
1. Compression socks – yay or nay?
2. All time favorite TV show? (I’ll go with Friends, but my top 5 are in a tight race)
3. Favorite cocktail?