Three Things Thursday {includes my favorite Margarita recipe!}

Thank you all so much for your nice comments and commiseration on not running again until after the baby . Yes, I was being a bit dramatic – but it does surprise me how much it bothers me. I guess that means I really love it!

Instead of dwelling, now it’s time for another Three Things Thursday. Let’s get down to business.

1. Just because I’m not running doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate my compression socks.

I actually forgot I bought these and busted them out this week. Some timing right? They are definitely helping me with with my silly varicose veins and helping me avoid middle of the leg cramps <–those are the WORST.

I know a lot of people run in these things. I’m not 100% convinced that they would help me. I guess I’ll find out sometime this summer!

2. Tonight is the series finale of 30 Rock. *sniff*

30 Rock

LizCry

I remember the first time I watched this show, I HATED it. Then I forced myself to keep watching and now it’s seriously one of my top 10 shows ever. It’s ridiculous and over the top and it makes me love Alec Baldwin.

LizChair

I am surprised it’s lasted for as long as it has and I’m so happy it will live on in syndication. If you’ve never watched or just caught an episode and thought “WTH is going on with this show?” give it a chance because it silly, but so incredibly smart. Plus: Tina Fey.

PaperClips

3. Tomorrow we are having a chili cook off at work! I teamed up with a few of my coworkers to form “Veg on the Edge.” Yes, our chili is vegetarian. We’re also serving margaritas, because what’s chili without a few margs? Of COURSE, I will not be drinking them (Boo!), but we are using the margarita recipe I discovered last summer. I promised to share it and despite the odd timing – here it is!

Margs

Simple Lime Margaritas

Ingredients (makes 1 large margarita – I usually make it in batches of 4)

• 2 ounces simple syrup
  • 3 ounces of freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 3 ounces of quality tequila (I prefer silver over gold)
  • 1 teaspoons of orange liquor (I use either Cointreau or Triple Sec)
  • Ice
  • Salt for rim (optional)

Directions:

Salt the rim of your glass. Combine ingredients into a shaker. Shake. Pour over ice. Drink. Keeping drinking. Drink one for me.

3 Random Questions:

1. Compression socks – yay or nay?

2. All time favorite TV show? (I’ll go with Friends, but my top 5 are in a tight race)

3. Favorite cocktail?

Comments

Oh, I looooove my compression socks! Thanks for reminding me about them. I need to bust them out. All time favorite show is probably Sex and the City, but Friends is a close second. Cocktail-wise I’ve been into gin cocktails recently, which are oddly refreshing. I like the kind that have grapefruit and something a little spicy in them like white pepper. Sounds weird, but I swear they are delicious!

Have fun tomorrow!
    Melissa recently posted..I’m Not a Runner Anymore

I went to this great gin place in Charleston last year, but I was too hungover to enjoy any of their drinks and I’m kicking myself! I do love a good gin and tonic. Grapefruit cocktails sound good too. OK, really anything sound good at this point. Lol.

Gah! I get the leg cramps! Silly question, because I’ve never worn compression socks… how long do you wear them for?

Favorite TV show: Tossup between Sex and the City (because I want to live in that world) and Arrested Development (because it makes me laugh and I find something new every time I watch it)

Favorite cocktail (this is torture ;) ) I really don’t have a favorite. I like anything with bourbon or whiskey in it!

I have slept in the socks – but mostly just wear them for a few hours at night. My dad has really bad circulation and pretty much wears compression socks 24/7 (he wore them before they were cool!)

I love Arrested Development too – I’m excited about their new Netflix episodes!

I so feel you on the torture! I made the drinks at work yesterday and just took a sip (to taste) it was hard not to pour myself one.

Compression socks! Of course I had to wait for the temps to drop to actually try running in them but I love love running in my ProCompressions. I’m a crazy sock person and didn’t think it could possibly work but it does. Just do it Michelle, after you pop out the baby of course.

Fav TV show: Of all time, geez, Lost? Friends was pretty good. Last night’s Big Bang was pretty darn cute.

Fav Cocktail: ?? I’m not that picky, as long as its sweet. I’m also a lightweight so it’s usually just one and done.
    Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com recently posted..Race Recap: My second marathon, Chevron Houston Marathon

I think I just can’t imagine running in them b/c of the humidity. Don’t they make your legs itch? I guess I’ll try it though :)

Oh, I love Lost too! I can’t get into Big Bang. I’ve tried.

This is where we differ — one and done?? Girl, you need to work on your tolerance. Hee.

I didn’t even think about wearing them while flying. Derp! I’m flying this week – guess I’m wearing pants on the plane. Or a dress with some hot pink socks :)

Yay for compression socks, more so for recovery though. Favorite show ever is probably Friends. I saw this about Friends this week in my Facebook news feed, and I honestly had to let it sink in for a while…. wow.
    “Monica and Chandler’s twins would be 9 this year, Phoebe’s triblets 14, Ben 18, and Emma 11. Let’s just take a moment and let that sink in.”
    Dirty Martini for cocktail, but mainly a beer and wine girl.