This has been a weird week. The first few days just creeped by and I was seriously just in the biggest funk. Hormones are weird. Then the rest of the week just flew by. On Wednesday, I worked part of the day from home and then flew up to DC for two nights.
Am I good at capturing the sights or what?
Can we just talk about how much I love DC? It helps that it’s only a two-hour flight away and whenever I go there I a) have a great time and eat great food and b) get to meet up with someone I know. This time it was Melissa!
We ate dinner at The Commissary, which was perfect. Not too loud, good food, and a menu for anyone (it had burgers, pizzas, salads, sandwiches, dinner, and is also vegan friendly). I went totally out of my comfort zone and had the Butternut Squash, Purple Kale, Pears, Cambozola Cheese, Spiced Walnuts Pizza. Yes, all of that on a pizza.
The food was great and the company was even better. I asked Paula why Melissa couldn’t move to Orlando?
Then we could things like this more often — together.
Thursday I was in a meeting all day, followed by a work happy hour (i.e., I sat around drinking water wishing I could drink about 15 glasses of wine), and then we attempted to eat dinner at this Greek/Turkish restaurant Zaytinya, but it was packed and we were too hungry to wait for an hour. So we wandered down the road and found Oya instead.
It was… interesting.
The decor was gorgeous – but the marble walls made the place LOUD.
Can you spot me?
The food is Asian-French fusion and everyone but me RAVED about their meal. I SHOULD have gotten the Restaurant Week menu, but instead got Shrimp and it was “eh.” I would go back though – if anything to try their sushi!
Yesterday we had a morning full of meeting and then headed to the airport for our flight home. I also had my first strip search experience because I did not want to go through the body scanner. Good times. Thankfully the woman was really nice and the rest of the trip was uneventful.
But I have to say – I love being home — no more of this!
Because my week has been so hectic, I haven’t really had time to read anything laugh, cry, sweat, or inspiration worthy — so instead I give you some of my favorite blog posts of the week.
- Nicole’s Surprise (hint: it involves a pregnancy announcement!)
- Blog Reading is Dangerous (yes, yes it is Katie! I can totally relate to this)
- Strong is NOT the New Sexy (Do you agree?)
- The Day of in the Life of a Working Mom (if you want to know what that’s like – it’s GLORIOUS!)
- Baby Items I Should Probably Give Up… But Won’t (I feel ya.)
- 10 Tips For Growing Your Blog (A total YES on #6, by the way)
- Tough Love (It’s good for you!)
- Tidbits from Successful Clients (Reading this made me want to have clients — and that’s not a bad thing!)
- What’s Your Number? (I’m hoping mine is 3. I thought it was 2, but I didn’t feel complete. 3 sounds good to me.)
What are some of your favorite posts of the week? What’s your favorite city to visit?