Happy Valentine’s Day!
Do you feel my contempt for the “holiday”? It’s not that I’m against the idea of love – I just… think it’s so sensationalized. I did send my kids to school with Valentines and I did get flowers from Dan, but BAAAAH- HUMBUG. Maybe I’m just not in the mood to celebrate this year, because I don’t remember feeling so “blah” about it last year. Or maybe I just have a cold, black heart. Did you celebrate?
In any case – here are 3 things unrelated to Valentine’s Day.
1. I made pancakes for dinner last night and they were AMAZING.
Not just any pancakes – Greek Yogurt Pancakes.
I was tempted to make them for dinner again tonight because they were that good. But, then I dropped the rest of my eggs on the floor when I opened the fridge tonight and that was the end of that dream.
I’m going to play around with the recipe and post a version of my own later next week. Be on the lookout!
2. I have banned myself from buying new running shoes until June. I simply don’t need them – but that doesn’t mean I don’t look at them. OFTEN. (if doesn’t help that I get emails from both Running Warehouse AND Roadrunner Sports) This of course does not ban me from buying shoes for B. Which is exactly what I did today. His next pair of running shoes…
Aren’t they pretty? I bought them solely on how they look – they have gotten really great reviews (for kids and adults).
3. The hubby and I are going on a real date tomorrow night. We’re going to see Imagine Dragons…
Ummm… are there really stuffed animals and Lou Diamond Phillips in that video? What the?
We’re also planning on eating a full meal sans kids (well, except this one I’m carrying around) — it’s the first time we’ve been out in a while! The show is at the House of Blues, which I like to call Paula’s Place. Surprisingly I’ve NEVER been there!
3 Random Questions:
1. What’s your favorite breakfast food for dinner?
2. Have you ever banned yourself from shopping? For what?
3. What’s the last concert you went to?