Christmas on a cracker — I am so happy it’s Thursday!!!!
This week has been all over the place. I haven’t been crazy busy, but I’m just off kilter or something. I blame it on the holiday. Don’t “short” weeks always feel longer? It doesn’t help that I’ve been struggling with a allergies. Or maybe it’s a cold? I don’t know. Whatever it is, it’s keeping me up at night and tonight I’ve hit my wall. After 3.5 hours of sleep last night (thanks to an extra special bout of insomnia) I am exhausted! Anyways, enough complaining. Here’s what else is going on…
1. In case you haven’t heard, there’s this little race going on here this weekend.
I’m excited to find out what a course monitor does (I’m guessing just directing runners and cheering them on). If you’re racing, look for me before you hit the Magic Kingdom in the Auto Plaza. I’ll be the one dressed like all of the other volunteers – except with that basketball I smuggled in. While I won’t be charging you to to park your car, I do accept tips.
2. I can’t stop eating these Greek Yogurt Pancakes. I might need an intervention y’all.
For the record, I have never seen my kids eat so fast. Nor have I ever felt so satisfied eating pancakes. Especially since they consist of 5 ingredients (plus coconut oil to cook in – but you could use butter/Pam too!). This recipe (changed slightly from the above link) makes 6 very thick pancakes:
- 2 cups of greek yogurt (your choice! I go with vanilla)
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tsps of baking soda (combine with flour before adding)
- 2 eggs, and blueberries (probably 1/2 cup?).
- Sometimes I add a little water to thin out the batter. Just a tiny bit.
Mix together. Make pancakes on low heat. Eat them. Love them.
3. Despite telling myself I wasn’t going to buy a stroller… I bought a stroller. A Bumbleride Indie.
I was going to get a BOB, but then Andie suggested this one (since I have no intentions to jog with it) and man did it sound RIGHT up my alley. I knew they were $$$, but did I search anyway and found one for a great deal. I couldn’t pass up the offer (and I know it has great resell value). I figured I can even test it out with L before May (helllooo upcoming Little League games!) because she is not even close to weighing 45 lbs. I’ll do a full review in the near future 🙂
4. I love that he loves to read.
It’s been very hit or miss with B lately and I definitely have been feeling like a bit of a parent failure. Until I saw this today. I guess we’re doing something right. Even if it’s fleeting! I’m definitely savoring these moments.
5. I got my haircut on Tuesday!!! I love my stylist. It only took her an hour and a half total to highlight (3 colors!), cute, AND style my hair.
6. My tongue hurts.
Damn chicks, ducks, and bunnies.
So what’s going on in your world? What’s the last big deal that you scored? Favorite candy?