I actually thought yesterday was Thursday. For the whole day I thought “Tomorrow is Friday, I’m good!” So the reality that today is Thursday kinda sucks. At the same time the reality that tomorrow is March is like WOAH.
There are always way more than three things going on a Thursday, so I’m changing it up. From here on our you will just get my
brain dump Thursday Things. Umm, you’re welcome?
1. I’ve had the hardest time going to sleep the past 2 nights. I am exhausted by 8 and for some reason that seems too early to go to bed, so I force myself to stay up. I usually hit a second wind at 9, delirium and hunger strikes at 10, and then before I know it’s midnight and I’m still awake. This is also why I have skipped working out for the past two days. I just cannot get out of bed. To top things off, it makes me a super grumpy person in the morning. OK, maybe all day. I think my husband is now afraid of me.
2. L went almost 4 years without a real haircut. Sure, I’ve trimmed it here and there (and technically failed at it, thank goodness I never attempted bangs), but she finally asked if she could go and get it done, so I brought her to my stylist last night.
She was stoked.
My stylist was so cute with her too. She cut off a few inches (we’re not really for anything drastic yet, I love her long hair!) and she used some hair chalk as the finishing touch (I actually bought some to try out at home too!).
To make a girl’s night – we went to Panera for dinner. In her words.. “It was so much fun!”
3. Burger 21 opened up by my work this week.
This could either be VERY good or VERY bad.
I started with the very bad today and indulged on a Cookies and Cream milkshake. It was so good that I forgot to take a picture of it. Blogger fail.
4. I finished up Katy’s 28-Day Blog Challenge today and I accomplished a lot of nerdy blog stuff! Yay! I have a new header in the works (that is, if I ever get back to Larissa) and I finally created a Media Kit something I’ve wanting to do for a while now. Not that people are knocking down my door to work with me, but at the same time I guess it does help put myself out there!
5. I went to the chiropractor yesterday. He had me lay on my left side and adjusted my right hip using the drop table. I tried to find pictures/a video of what he does but all I could find were pictures of pregnant women holding their bellies like this:
Maybe that’s what I’m doing wrong?
I honestly can’t tell you that I feel any different, but I do feel the baby in different places today – so maybe it helped? I have also been walking up and down the stairs at work – two at a time (with my right foot leading) looking like an idiot and doing pelvic tilts (at home, though it might be funny if I start doing them at work). I think taking a few days off from the gym (despite how nutty it makes me) has actually helped too.
6. Tonight is Opening Ceremonies for B’s Little League division. They start at 7. Don’t people realize that my kids go to bed at 7:30??? I am picking up Chipotle on the way home so we can stuff our faces before we leave. NOW I understand why I ate so much fast food growing up. There’s no time for cooking! Thank goodness we have a few healthier options now.
7. I am wearing my glasses today (did you know I wear glasses?) and I swear people treat me different when I wear them. Like I’m suddenly very serious or something. No dudes, my eyes were just itchy this moring.
Ugh. I’m starting to get pregnancy face.
The one thing I realized about about wearing glasses is that it’s really hard to put makeup on when your face is blurry. This really explains so much about my teenage years.
8. And speaking of — it’s Throwback Thursday.
The 90s were a weird, weird time for fashion and hair. And mustaches.
How are things with you this Thursday?