Did you know that it’s ridiculously hard for a runner to “just walk”? Yeah, I bet you don’t find that surprising.
Every time I get on the treadmill, even though I despise the treadmill, I just want to jack the speed up to 7.0 and go. But, you know that’s pretty much impossible right now (although, I don’t get how I have absolutely NO issues doing jumping jacks and butt kicks! Can someone explain?).
Instead, as I’ve mentioned, I’ve resorted to walking. Sure I could pick another cardio activity (like the elliptical…zzzzz), but I find that my walking workout actually CAN get my heart rate as much as jogging and spinning does (in a very healthy, pregnancy-friendly way). It’s kind of a pregnancy miracle that took me 3 times to figure out. Third time is a charm! Here’s the workout:
Seems pretty simple, right? Well, I can’t lie it is! Ha. But, it’s worth trying out if you aren’t able to run, but are still looking for a good endorphin high!
As a bonus here are some songs I am jamming out to right now. A mix of new and old (of course!):
- I Love It – Icona Pop (feat. Charli XCX)
- Young Forever – Jay-Z (feat. Mr. Hudson)
- Bootylicious – Destiny’s Child
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark – Fall Out Boy
- California (OC Theme Song) – Phantom Planet
- Little Talks – Of Monsters and Men
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
- Head Like a Hole – Nine Inch Nails
What’s getting you moving this week? What are you jamming out to lately?? Can you “just” walk on the treadmill? Or does running call to you too? I swear the treadmill mocks me.