Somehow it’s Thursday. Why do I always feel like the beginning of the week creeps by, but then the end is all smashed together? Here are some things going on…
1. There is paint – on the walls – in the baby’s room!!
I swear this is actually progress.
Dan is a saint and on his day off, today, he painted the room (he also went to Target and bought a Dream Lite for L’s birthday present) . I know it’s really, really hard to tell there is paint on the walls – but swear to you, there is! I went with the color “Light French Grey” and it’s exactly what I was hoping for. Not too dark, not too blue. Just grey.
It’s going to look awesome with the dark wood and either turquoise/purple or turquoise/lime!
2. I had another Dr. appoint yesterday. I was going to do a baby update, but really there’s not much to update. There’s a baby in there still and he/she is getting heavy.
My coworker says I look like an anaconda who ate a large animal. She said yesterday that I’m now up to baby goat status. I assure you that no baby goats were eaten in the making of this picture.
The most annoying thing about the appointment was that one of the Dr’s was on call/delivering a baby and my Dr. took ALL of her patients. This meant that I waited an HOUR for my 5 minute check up. I was all stressed about being late to the appointment too (I ended up making it on time). I was NOT impressed.
That wallpaper behind me is pretty sweet.
Good thing I really, really love my Doctor.
Overall the appointment went well. I’m up a pound, my blood pressure was great, and I’m measuring “on target.” He found the baby’s heartbeat down low – which, along with the hiccups, helps confirm that baby is head down! Let’s stay that way baby. I have another appointment in 2 weeks – and then I’m switching to weekly appointments. I’m really trying to be low-key and positive about these last weeks. It’s my last baby and I know I will miss pregnancy when all is said and done. I’m crazy like that.
3. I am mother of year. School is closed tomorrow and I just realized this. Spring Break starts on Monday – and tomorrow is a “teacher workday” (aka – report cards). I only put those words in quotes because I know several teachers who are not working tomorrow. Thankfully, L’s daycare is open and they have room for B.
4. This makes up for me being mother of the year…
They are so silly.
5. I love Gwyneth Paltrow. She’s ridiculous and over the top and pretentious, but I still love her. However, I cannot support this.
For the love G, you are 40 years old. Put some damn clothes on.
Also – how is your wardrobe essential when it costs an estimated $450k(+). Yeah, that’s right up my alley.