Weekend Recap – Out Like a Lion!

Another weekend in the books – and the end of March! How’d that happen? I hope everyone (who celebrates) had a great Easter.

My weekend started out like this…

Yes, L passed out on the floor at 5pm on Friday. I was actually at the gym when this happened. I didn’t really know how the rest of the night was going to go so I decided this was the best option for dinner…

Yep, the pancakes.

Turns out, L was out for the night. I was a little scared at what this was going to mean for Saturday morning wakeup, but in the end she got up at her normal time. Girlfriend was just exhausted from her sleepover at Grandma Tater Tots.

Saturday was really laid back, which is a good thing because I’m fairly certain I got about 3 hours of sleep the night before. Note to self: do not drink a gallon of water before you go to bed. On the plus side, I finished my book club book (Silver Linings Playbook).

I did force myself to go to the gym and did a pretty good spin workout. I mainly went because the kids were begging me to go (they LOOOOVE going to the gym), plus I knew I needed some endorphins. It’s really getting harder and harder to sit comfortably on the bike, but it doesn’t seem quite as bad once I warmup (and standing climbs actually feel really good). Plus, it made me feel less guilty about skipping today’s workout.

I tried to nap while the kids were napping, but I ended up just taking a 20 minute cat nap. I woke up to this face in my face. Lol.

lashes

So much for that. At least it was cute.

We went over to a friend’s house once everyone was up and spent a few hours there. It was SUCH a beautiful afternoon, I really could have gone for a margarita or two. *sigh*

I crashed early last night and made up for my lack of sleep BIG TIME. I still woke up like 4 times to pee, but I got in about 11 hours of sleep and I feel so much better today. Better = less cranky, but still cranky.

Speaking of today – we don’t do the Easter Bunny at our house (read this post on my thoughts/experiences with Easter), but Dan did set up a fun egg hunt for the kids. They were just a little bit excited.

Earlier this morning -- patiently waiting to hunt for eggs.

We ate lunch with the in-laws at the their retirement home and then when we got home I got stuff accomplished….

Hallelujah, this baby has a room!

Dan put the crib together while I hung up a bunch of clothes and threw away even more crap that we don’t need. Where does this stuff come from? I still need to do a few things to finalize the room, but it’s not like we are really going to spend a TON of time in there the first 3 months.

Unfortunately, I bought the wrong size curtains, so there was a big closet fail.

Of course, I already threw the receipt and packaging away. This is what you call pregnancy brain. Anyone need turquoise blackout curtains?

I’m also in full nesting mode and cleaned up L’s closet. It’s safe to say she has more clothes than any person I know (mostly thanks to hand-me-downs).

This doesn’t include anything that is ALREADY IN HER CLOSET (which is full).

We are finishing up the night with coconut chicken fingers and asparagus… and The Wizard of Oz (and I might actually finish filing our taxes).

Tomorrow means back to school, back to real life, and one more month closer to meeting this baby! I think it’s finally sinking in — it’s both scary and exciting.

I hope everyone had a great weekend :)

Comments

“I tried to nap while the kids were napping”

What is this napping thing you talk about? Ellie hasn’t napped outside of school or the car in 4 years and Jack hasn’t napped in 18 months. Never, never have we had both kids napping at home together.

Is Brayden’s tooth (I forget what you called it) genetic? Turns out Dan had one as well – With Ellie’s front tooth lose, I wonder what I could be in for! (Though I think if anything funky is going to go on with teeth I bet it will be Jack since his teeth did not come in in the typical order).
    jesseybell recently posted..Weekly Weigh-in #18

I am SOOOO spoiled, because my kids will still nap! They were both super tired from their sleepover on Thursday night, so I know that helped. It’s usually only for an hour, but sometimes more. And sometimes B will just sit in his room and read. I know – I really can’t complain!!

And yes, the supernumery tooth is genetic! If she have an extra tooth it will show up in x-rays. That’s how we discovered B’s (last August). I hope that damn tooth comes out before school pictures next year though. It’s freaky looking. Lol.

Cute room! Also, if those curtains are from Target, you can probably still return them. I made the same mistake with a set of bed sheets once, and they took them back. They’re really good about returns.

Ha! I do love that the kids don’t whine about going to the gym – it could definitely be worse. They love playing there (they have a great setup). Not sure what I’m going to do when I can’t workout for 6 weeks. Maybe I’ll still take them up there? Hee.

How was Silver Linings Playbook? I really want to read it (and I enjoyed the movie).

Loved your Easter post from 2 years ago….I love traditions and ritual and this time (as well at Christmas) always gives me the itch to go back to church (Catholic).

Have a fabulous week!
    Danielle K recently posted..Weekend Recap: Hoppy Easter

The book was OK. I plan on doing a full review soon. I’ve heard the movie is actually better. I haven’t seen it yet though – I’ll let you know!

I love traditions too – and every year at Easter I feel the urge to go back. I just wish it weren’t so far away. Such a poor excuse, but it’s in Maitland and is nowhere remotely close.

So I’m behind on reading blogs… funny about L and her clothes, Addie is the opposite right now cause of the uniforms, poor girl’s got NOTHING. Like 3 outfits that fit. Anyways, I haven’t forgotten you want her uniforms, once the PK year is over I’ll ship those suckers over if you still want.
    Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com recently posted..The catcher upper post

I actually forgot that starting in August she’ll be wearing uniforms. Doh!! Yes, please pass on the Primrose uniforms. Let me know how much you want for them and I will gladly take them off your hands :)

I am trying so hard to drink enough water but then I’m up all night – so annoying! I need to pace myself throughout the day and cut myself off after dinner or something.

Was Silver Linings Playbook any good?
    Jen recently posted..Help this pup find a home!

It doesn’t matter if I pace myself anymore. It’s a lost cause!!

The book was OK. I’ve actually read that in this case the movie is better. I’m looking forward to finding out!