Indulgent & Relaxing Weekend

This weekend I stuffed my face, treated myself to a pedicure, hung out with friends, and basically just tried to relax. I wasn’t seriously concerned about going into labor while we were at our friends house (3 hours away from my Doctors/hospita!), but it was always a possibly. The good news is that we are home safe and sound — and I am still pregnant!

My weekend started at the Ravenous Pig with my brother, Ben, and sister-in-law, Christina.

RavPigApril13Menu

It was a fun dinner, we caught up and had some good laughs and great food including their soft-pretzels, shrimp tacos, salad with beets, goat cheese, and pistachios (I think I’ve found a new favorite salad!), lamb, and “pig tails” for dessert.

It’s crazy to me that Ben and Christina have almost been married for a year. It feels like we just made the trek out to San Franciso/Sonoma (I’m super jealous – they are heading back out there in a few weeks to celebrate their anniversary). Dinner was great – although I might love Cask & Lader a little bit more…

Saturday was pretty low key. Baseball was cancelled and while L and I were at dance/getting our nails done – Dan ran some boy errands with B and installed the infant seat.

Eek.

We then headed down to the West Palm Beach area around 1:30 and lounged around with our friends for the rest of the afternoon/night.

Today was much of the same. The kids were up waaaay too early, but I guess I expected it! We spent most of the day swimming/laying out by the pool (I got a little swimming in, but I’m a super wuss and the water was COLD) most of the day before heading to a late lunch and then heading home.

kids

I’m feeling slightly exhausted right now, despite relaxing. I was up most of the night with irregular contractions (that then lasted the majority of the day as well). I am feeling better now, so I’m hoping tonight will be a better night! For what it’s worth, I vaguely remember the same thing happening with L – so I’m not thinking they actually mean anything – but who knows, Thursday is a full moon!

Truthfully, as uncomfortable as I was today, I still want to make it through this week — I have a hair appointment, book club, and my rescheduled family pictures on Sunday. Obviously, there’s no room in that schedule to have a baby :)

On that note… I’m off to have a low key Sunday night. Hope everyone had a great weekend and a Monday that doesn’t completely suck!

Comments

The restaurant is actually very close to the hospital – so that would work. Lol!

You guys definitely deserved a relaxing weekend — I hope that means DadJovi was feeling better after Friday night.

Yay for relaxing weekends! We’ve been going non-stop with baby prep…and it’s sort of turned into “get all of the projects done around the house that we’ve been ignoring for 2 years…” We even mulched finally! (And by “we” I mean “Ryan”)…
    I just started having those braxton hicks contractions & now I’m seriously nervous – I can’t imagine what I’m going to be like when REAL contractions start coming!
    Theresa recently posted..Nothing and Everything

It’s funny how a baby can make you realize the things you’ve been neglecting because we’ve definitely done a lot of work these past few months!

Yeah, BH contrax SUCK. They don’t hurt (for the most part – they’re starting to get a little more painful now), but they are annoying. I can’t really tell you much about “real” contrax because I’ve only had pitocin induced ones (although, I did labor for a few hours with Livie without the pitocin thanks to her decelerated heartbeat). Pitocin is pretty much the devil — BUT it’s worth it. 1000000 times worth it!

Hope you make it to your hair appointment! I had one scheduled for Saturday (the day after I had B), thinking I would make it to my due date…yeah so I never made it and still look like a hot mess. Turns out with a newborn at my boob most of the day it’s tough to get my hair done!
    Carissa Dukes recently posted..Brantley’s Birth Story

You still looked glowing during and after B’s birth :) Hopefully things will even out for you soon and you can get it done. With the other 2 I’ve gone a few weeks after birth and just nursed (discreetly) while they did my hair. Half the time I don’t think anyone realized what was going on. Lol.

Sounds like a great weekend and I will keep my fingers crossed that you make it until next week. Maybe the baby will come next weekend. We picked out the same infant seat, but still have a while before it goes in the car. It makes me feel good you chose the same one, since you actually have experience with having a baby :)
    Heather recently posted..A Different Kind of Race Day

I picked this car seat because of the price (my friend found it for me for $49 — I bought 2 because that’s cheaper than the base alone!!) — but we we were going to go with either the Chicco Key Fit or this one any way. I had the Graco Snugride with the first two and it worked perfectly fine as well! The biggest deal is making sure it’s installed correctly. It’s surprising how many people can screw that up!

Would you be willing to share where you found it for that price? We need a second base, but I would just buy another seat if that is less. We have a friend who is a firefighter and we are going to ask him to check the seat once it is installed.
        Heather recently posted..A Different Kind of Race Day

It was at Target – but some random Target in S. Florida a few months ago. She posted on FB that saw them and wondered if I wanted one (or two). Crazy, right? Truthfully, you don’t really NEED the 2nd base if you aren’t going to use it that often (especially since you only have one – we obviously need it with 3 locos!). You can just install the seat without — with a seat belt. Diapers.com does have the base on sale right now — http://www.diapers.com/p/britax-b-safe-infant-car-seat-base-557591 (although it looks like it also say temporarily out of stock!). Did you put it on your registry? I would wait to see if someone buys it for you!! People are very generous with babies – so you never know :)

Thanks friend! I hope I can make for my hair appt (and book club) too. Guess we’ll see!!

Girl time was so needed. I think L was feeling a little left out lately with all of this new baby excitement!

4. Kaelyn says

Totally random question- I’ve been reading your blog for awhile now, as a fellow working mom and runner… When the heck do you clean your house? I feel like I hardly ever see that included in your weekend recaps, and it is a constant struggle for me. So what’s your secret?! Housekeeper? Or just a dirty house? :P haha! Or do you somehow have more hours in your days?? :)

This is a very valid question :)

Dan has Wednesdays off and does a lot of the bigger cleaning then. He cleans the kids’ bathroom and usually sweeps/mops the kitchen/family room. I clean the master bath on Saturdays as well as dust and sweep/mop the family room (it needs to be done twice a week). B cleans his room and makes his bed, with the exception of vacuuming (which one of us will do during the weekend). Both kids are responsible for putting away their toys after they play with them. We do the laundry throughout the week (Dan mostly does it – but occasionally I’ll throw in a load) — but don’t ask us about folding it (or to see our laundry room!). Dan washes the dishes each night as a tradeoff for my food shopping/meal planning/cooking. We don’t really touch the living room until we have company coming over – so that portion of the house remains largely untouched most of the time. The rest of the cleaning/organizing is just done on the fly – the kitchen probably being the biggest space and we just spray it down each night. That said – I don’t think my house is the cleanest/most immaculate all the time (when we did have a house cleaner come they spent an hour and a half cleaning our clean/family room!), but it’s liveable :) I do think it helps that Dan has a day off without kids (doesn’t that sound like a dream??) and he’s really great about splitting responsibility (which we have always done).