Thursday Things

I can’t believe another week has flown by! Here are this week’s Thursday Things…(warning…it’s kinda all over the place).

1. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat. I’m not 100% sure if it’s a cold or allergies, but I’m taking Zyrtec-D as if it’s allergies and hoping it doesn’t turn into a sinus infection. I had a brutal sinus infection the last few weeks I was pregnant with L (it cleared up before she was born, thankfully), which resulted in a horrendous cough AND ear infection – so I’d like to avoid that at all costs.  I feel better, but now have medicine head and zero appetite. I really CAN’T complain because I’ve pretty much avoided being sick for most of this pregnancy, but REALLY body? NOW?

Ferris

2. Today is “Take Your Kids To Work Day” and unlike last year my work is actually did something. However, I decided for my own sanity to leave my kids out of work. Lol. I’d to use the excuse that I am just too busy wrapping up loose ends before I go out on leave (which is partially true), but really I’m just being selfish. Also, I’m lazy because I didn’t want to drive and get them – there’s no way in hell they could have stayed with me the whole day. I thought I would feel more mom guilt about this, but… nope.

3. I am pretty sure I’m more excited about this movie than any other movie coming out this summer. Yes, even more than Iron Man, Gatsby, or Superman (which, I have to say *drool* about – good choice, movie peeps, going with Henry Cavill).

My kids (and I) LOVE Monsters Inc. It’s always their first at-home movie choice AND the only movie they will both compromise on without being bribed.

4. If you read my last bullet and don’t know who Henry Cavill is – here you go:

hc1

hc4

hc2

hc3

He has that cool two eye color things going on…

5. I think I’m done with strength training for now. I might change my mind this weekend, but as of right now it’s just uncomfortable doing anything but walking. Actually just sitting is uncomfortable right now, but you know what I mean. I have to pat myself on the back though – I never thought I would strength train until 38 weeks!

6. I was feeling good all week until today — and now I’m just a mess.

glasscaseofemotion

By 11:30 today I was just done with the day. At least tomorrow is Friday. Maybe I should have made this my first bullet? At least it explains why I am all over the place.

On that note… What movie are you looking forward to this summer?

Comments

Henry has unfortunate facial hair growth. Kinda like Keanu. He needs to keep that crap shaven so I can continue picturing him naked.

My most looked forward to movie: The is the End. OMG. Cannot wait. And I have a feeling it comes out on *that* day.
    Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Hi from Texas

I agree on staying clean shaven — but I’m not really a facial hair kinda girl. Ben was really pushing it during awards season this year.

I forgot about that movie – I can’t wait to see that too. I’ll most likely go to an advanced screening of Monsters — so I will have room for both of those movies in my life that week. We should plan to go…

I’m so excited for the new Monsters, Inc movie too! I got sick right before I had both of my babies. With my first, I was still sick when he was born – coughing and sneezing after a c-section majorly sucks! I hope you’re feeling better before baby #3 arrives!
    Kristen recently posted..And I’m not running again…

Ugh, that’s a bummer; get well soon! I hate being sick, I’m almost as big of a baby as my husband when I get the sniffles.

I’m all about the Gatsby. I freaked out yesterday when someone downloaded “The Great Gatsby” to my Kindle account. I didn’t do it, I just received the email receipt from Amazon. Turns out my HUSBAND ordered it. The Great Gatsby. My husband doesn’t read books, but apparently he wanted to read this one! I had to pick my jaw up off the floor; it’s a classic, nonetheless! And now I have Fitzgerald in my library :)
    Emily recently posted..The One Where I Went to Safeway Hungry

Something similar happened to me on my Nook! I’m pretty sure 6-7 people log into my Nook regularly, so I don’t know who downloaded it – but I don’t mind because it’s Gatsby! I have it in paperback, no it’s even easier to access. It’s definitely one of my favorite books. Ahh – such a great story. I hope your husband enjoys it too!

Looking forward to The Great Gatsby so much! Only book in high school I liked reading that was required for my English class. Hope it lives up to expectations. Love Leonardo Dicaprio!

Have you seen the Robert Redford version of the movie? It’s pretty great, but this one definitely has a new spin to it!

The Great Gatsby is definitely one of my favorite books. I can read it over and over again!

Keep your head up, friend! Maybe you can get another prenatal massage? I don’t know if that’s allowed at this point, but if you can’t workout, that would have to relieve some stress, right?
    Melissa recently posted..Brave

Thank you! Yes, I have another massage booked for next Wednesday. I am hoping it will relieve some stress AND help move things along. I’m also going to talk to her about acupuncture.

That said – I am feeling MUCH MUCH better today. Hormones are a bitch!