Weekend Recap

No, I haven’t had the baby yet. See?

Now that that’s out of the way – let me tell you about my weekend.

Friday was uneventful. I skipped my workout after work (it’s hard to work out when you leave the work out clothes at home) and went shopping instead. I know I am thoroughly ready for this baby because I went to Babies R Us and couldn’t find a single thing I needed. However, I trip to Carter’s proved that I needed these things…

I really need to stop shopping... but how cute??

That night I think I went to bed at 10:30. Probably a good thing because I had a bout of insomnia from about 1:30-4. That was pretty awesome. Thankfully, I went back to sleep for another 3 hours or so and didn’t feel that horrible in the morning. I wish I could say I was up for exciting reasons like contractions, but no. I was just awake.

Saturday morning was busy, as usual. I had to chose between taking L to dance and B to baseball. It was like Sophie’s Choice, junior edition. Why is it necessary for all kid activities to be scheduled at the same time? I went with baseball since B’s game AND practice were cancelled last week thanks to rain.

After the game, a few of the kids stuck around and played in the nearby playground – until is randomly started pouring (for about 5 minutes – then we didn’t see rain for the rest of the day). I took that as a sign that we should get going and head to the gym where I spent 45 boring minutes on the treadmill. I walked 3 miles at a 2% incline. I’m trying to walk the baby out, but I’m pretty sure the only thing that it’s doing is giving me crotch pain.

After a typical Davis Bakery lunch, we headed home.

The kids napped (a perk to early risers and being on the go all day, I guess) while I cleaned, wrote thank you notes, and did stuff around the house. Yeah,  thrilling. It was actually another exciting night in the house – we ate burgers for dinner, caught up on a few episodes of The Americans, spent some quality time with my exercise ball, and then went to bed early. What can I say, waking up 8 times a night to pee has turned me into a party animal.

I woke up with race envy (could I know more people running/racing this weekend??) and somehow convinced my husband to run up to Starbucks for breakfast. The kids continued their whole “It’s Sunday and you people are both home so we’re going to act insane” schtick, but thankfully got it all out of their system before he we headed to Winter Park for family/maternity pictures.

On our way to take family pictures. I never know if I'm wearing too much makeup or not enough.

I’m hoping pictures were a success! The kids were unbelievably happy and nice to each other – so at least we should get some cute pictures of them (hopefully of Dan and I too).

Afterwards, we decided to grab lunch and walk around Park Ave. I wished we lived closer to this area, because I would be here regularly for brunch!

We decided to eat at Prato – sharing a beet salad and two different pizzas (Margherita and Amatriciana) .

Yum!

I love the whole Italian farmhouse atmosphere. Winter Park can be very, umm, trendy (putting it nicely), but Prato is extremely family friendly which I appreciate.

After eating we walked up and down Park Ave trying to find the chocolate shop Dan remembered going to as a kid. We couldn’t find it, but we ended up at Kilwin’s and managed to pick up some fudge there. I’m not a huge chocolate fan, but this fudge is good stuff. At least we know it will last a while. Or that we can share with friends.

The rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning, napping, working out, and playing (depending on which family member you are talking about) and I went on an ALWAYS exciting food shopping trip. Our fridge is looking full! The real miracle is that nobody at Publix commented that I was “about to pop!”, which I’ve heard for the past 4 weeks (mostly from men – do you guys lose your filter around pregnant women or something??).  I think I’ve reached that scary point where people are afraid to make eye content with you with the fear that they will put you into labor and therefore will be responsible for delivering the baby. Or maybe I’m overthinking it? ;)

I have a busy week ahead of me full of movies, appointments, and a massage – and maybe a baby if he/she decides to join our family. No pressure, BW3 – but you are free to join us at ANY time.

How was your weekend? Did you run a race? PR? Eat yourself silly? Do tell!

Comments

1. Cindy says

Adam and I had great chuckles over your first photo (tummy). I’m thinking the sweet shop was on New England at the southeast corner near Park Plaza Gardens. But maybe it is an ice cream shop now. Hmmm… Yes WP is a nice place to walk and eat. Everyone looked spiffy for the pics. Thanks for the updates.

Yeah – that’s where Dan thought it was too, but now there are 2 places: a FroYo place and a French bakery. He was sad! I remember going there when I was younger, too.

2. Maryellen says

Wonderful pictures and happy faces!! Thank you for the update. I have the phone charged and making sure I have it near by.. for any phone calls!! Our weekend was fun, the weather was so beautiful. re-planted basil and tomatoes in bigger pots for the back yard. Norm finished repotting the bromalids behind the screen instead of being all jasmine. We did splurge and have chinese on Friday..that was enough sodium for a few days! Hope that you are feeling ok..that BW3 makes an appearance this week!! Be strong! Love & Hugs

No baby yet! I don’t expect him/her to come early. Actually, I expect an induction. Maybe sometime between May 12th and 16th :)

Sounds like a productive weekend. Do you guys want to come and work on my lawn next?!

You guys look so great for your family photos! I can’t wait to see them. BW3 can come anytime after you get that massage. I really want you to have it. On my behalf. A massage sounds wonderfully delicious (yes, I went there) right now.
    Melissa recently posted..Brave

I really want that massage too! They DO have a massage specialist come in after birth, but it’s not the same and definitely NOT 90 minutes long.

I’m also planning on doing a little running tomorrow. Should be… interesting. Or I might just pee myself.

Yes – it really is family friendly. I wouldn’t necessarily bring the kids at like 9pm on a Friday – but for an early dinner or brunch they are great. It’s loud (but not too loud) and there are a lot of fun things to check out. Plus — PIZZA!

We should really do a girls brunch in WP sometime!

No 4/26 – boo! I’m still kinda hoping for a due date baby. Is that weird?

Love the little guys playing baseball – especially when they make a good play. They get ridiculously excited, it’s so funny!

You need to get to WP!! Prato is also pretty reasonably priced (at least for lunch). We could have gotten away with just eating the pizzas – which were $12 and $15.

I am excited about finding out – but it’s not bothering me like I thought it would. Isn’t that weird?? Although I do get a little teary thinking about “that moment.”

Sounds like you had a pretty low key weekend…well as low key as one can have being 9 months pregnant and having to take kids to their sporting events. :) I drove up to Boise this last weekend to preview the course for the 1/2 Ironman I’m doing in June.
    Ara recently posted..Update

5. Denise P. says

You sure do have some adorable kiddos.

I did not race this weekend, but I did do a training bike ride near the beach for a ride I have in 2 weeks. It started and finished at the Children’s Hospital that the ride benefits. Got to see and wave to some of the reasons we ride.

I didn’t do too bad in the eating department but we did try a new all you can eat pizza/pasta buffet place that opened half a mile from me. That could be dangerous!

Ooo – pizza/pasta buffets are dangerous – was it good? It’s especially bad if it’s good (can you tell I love carbs?)

Awesome that you got a good training session in this weekend. I love a race with a good cause!