I have been trying to keep myself busy this week – so far, so good. And I’ve only been a little crazy. Ahem. So, here are this week’s Thursday Things…
1. I won Mom of the year points and took B to a early screening of Iron Man 3 on Monday. Look for my review tomorrow! (Hint: We both liked it).
2. I got a 90-minute prenatal massage yesterday and it was GLORIOUS. Ahhhh. She really helped me relax my back and neck (they were even a little sore last night) – and once again I’m pretty sure I was snoring. I also discovered that I my glutes are pretty tight – especially on the right side. My friends joked that I’m just half a tight-ass! I didn’t realize I had some much tension going on in up in there – but I’m hoping that the massage helped losen those muscles up a little.
We also discussed post-due date options and my current plan is to call and schedule some acupressure/acupuncture if I get to the point where I have to schedule an induction. The owner/massage therapist, Pam (who is also a doula), said that they’ve had a high success rate and that people typically go into labor within 12 hours. Even if it doesn’t work – I definitely think it’s worth a shot!
3. I had my annual performance review at work today. It’s hard for me to believe that I’ve been at my job for 2 years! Remember when I started? I have to say, I’ve had a pretty good year and I’m looking forward to the year ahead — even though I am dreading those first few months back from maternity leave.
4. We our pictures back from Sunday!! Below are some of my favorites (it was REALLY hard to narrow these down!). If you are looking for a photographer who is great to work with in Orlando — definitely contact Andi! It the least painful photo session we’ve ever had – and everyone is looking at the camera in the majority of the photos — that is no small feat!
5. I am totally excited about the Great Gatsby album coming out next week (you can preview it here on NPR).
Jay-Z helped produce it and yep, I love Jay-Z.
6. It’s been raining for 2 days now and it’s supposed to rain all weekend. I am really, really spoiled because I don’t have to deal with snow – but rain is SO DRAINING. I can handle it for about a day (especially if that day is spent on the couch reading and napping) and then I’m done. There is a reason we live in the SUNSHINE STATE.
7. I have been having contractions on and off all day and they are driving me bananas! I wish they were doing something productive, but so far nothing. I would be perfectly happy to be pregnant for 3 more months if it weren’t for these freakin’ contractions (please don’t make me follow through on that though). Does anyone else experience this and NEVER go into labor on their own??? What is going on body?? ARGH!
On a happy note… tomorrow is Friday!!! We made it through another week!