The Best Mother’s Day Gift

This weekend didn’t go exactly as planned. Friday I went to dinner and then the movies with Jackie Jovi and my friend Tracy to see The Great Gatsby (sidenote: I know there’s a lot of negative reviews out there — but I liked it!). During the movie (during which, we were in the 2nd row) I felt really uncomfortable. The baby was moving around a ton and my back started radiating. I thought it was just because of where we were sitting, since the pain went away once I stood up, so I thought nothing of it. In fact, I went home and pretty much just went to bed feeling pretty good (as I had all week).

But now I think — maybe not?

I’ll go into full details when I have the energy and have slept more than 2 consecutive hours (or more than 45 minutes) – but I won’t tease that my family of five is now complete!

IMG_5837

Surprise…The baby is s a boy!! (<–totally not surprised)

After a very lengthy labor and a very, very, very , very (got that?) quick delivery (which, included an unplanned drug-free birth) at 1:32am this morning – Evan David joined our family. He weighed in at a strapping 9lbs 4oz and measured 21 inches.

IMG_5839

And he is nothing but pure sweetness.

B and L think he is pretty awesome too.

IMG_5853

You have to admit, his timing was pretty perfect. Nothing says Mother’s Day like becoming a mom…again.

IMG_5861

I hope all of the Moms’ out there had a GREAT Mother’s Day– including mine :)

IMG_5859

Was he the best Mother’s Day Gift ever?

Yep, pretty much! I think this year is going to be hard to top…

Comments

1. Angie says

What a wonderful gift! I thought it was a boy. Congratulations. Can’t wait to hear the story and the drug free part.

I think he’s tiny, but everyone keeps telling me he’s big!! I am very glad that I am not pregnant anymore too, though I admit I will always miss my belly – just a tiny bit.

2. jim says

Michelle great news you did so good i am so proud of you and your family take care i knew you were having a BOY nice name.

3. Denise P. says

Evan is absolutely adorable. (This did not help my baby fever!)

Congratulations on your new addition. Blessings for the days ahead.

He’s so perfect! Congrats on having such a healthy, beautiful baby boy! Your family is gorgeous and looks so happy to welcome Evan. :)
    Jess recently posted..TGIF!

You are my hero with the drug free stuff! He is so perfect. I can’t wait for you to join me on Twitter in the middle of the night. :)

I’m not sure about hero. Maybe dumbass who should have left the house earlier? That moment when I truly realized I would REALLY be giving birth without drugs will forever be burned into my brain. Lol.

It is so not all that it’s cracked up to be! Although, I do think there are a lot of post partum benefits – but during?? Ummm pass the drugs please.

Thank you! Can’t wait for you to meet him too :)

I still can’t believe I had a drug free birth. I can believe I had a 9lb baby though. Ha ha.

6. MC says

Congratulations! So sweet! And fast – I’m looking forward but will be totally patient and understanding in waiting for the full birth story – thanks so much for posting all you did! Get some rest! And big hugs – even though we’ve never met!

Thank you! Yes – it was both slow AND fast. I have a feeling that’s how he’s going to roll — seems to fit his personality already :)

Thank you!!! I will say that laboring the majority of the time at home, and only having to push for about 5 minutes, definitely looks better on camera afterwards. Lol!

Awww!! Congratulations!! That is the best Mother’s Day gift! I thought you would have your baby this weekend. And how cute he is and my what a big baby too! It almost makes me want to have another baby…..almost. Love the name as well. I’m very happy for you and your completed family of 5!

Thank you!! Almost wanting another is how it starts :) :) I had a few people tell me they thought I was going to have the baby last weekend. Maybe I just looked done?

Thank you – yes, a very wonderful gift. Even better was the he decided to arrive early in the morning – so I got to enjoy the entire day (literally, I was up for more than 24 hours straight thanks to adrenaline – lol).

Trackbacks