It’s my last week of maternity leave and I’m definitely more than a little sad. I’m going to miss this guy – he’s my little buddy!
The good news is that I’m taking Fridays off, at least for the first month back (maybe longer – we’ll see), so we will still have a little one-on-one time together. I’m still dreading going back. I swear it gotten harder with each kid.
This week I’m trying to wrap my head around how I’m going to get back to “life” next week (I don’t even know if any of my work clothes fit!) and just taking it easy. This also means an easy menu and an easy workout schedule.
Here’s what we are eating…
- Newman’s Own Frozen Meal (I’m soooo lazy)
- Veggie Burgers with Asparagus and French Fries
- Steak and Sweet Potato Fries
- Coconut Chicken with Rice and Broccoli/Cauliflower
- Salad with Berries, Peaches, Pecans, and Chicken
- Shrimp and Avocado Pasta (based on this Pinterest recipe…)
As for working out… I was only successful in fitting in 3 workouts last week and that’s pretty much the goal for this week too. I have decided to build my running back up slowly since this whole inner thigh pain thing hit last week. Yesterday I ran/walked 2 miles before my strength workout and while it was slow, I didn’t experience any pain.
Here’s the tentative plan…
- Monday – Run/walk 2 miles + Legs, Chest, & Shoulders (DONE)
- Tuesday – Run/walk – 4 miles? Maybe? My legs and hips are sore from yesterday’s workout – but I kinda want to see if I can go 4 miles.
- Wednesday – Off
- Thursday – Run/walk.. maybe
- Friday – Off
- Saturday – Strength + cardio (if I could get my act together I’d go to the 8am Bootcamp Class at my gym)
- Sunday – Spin
Other than that, you will find me cozied up on the couch with my favorite (almost) 2 month old this week. I just wish I could bank snuggles. I’m going to need them next week.
What are you guys eating this week? Are you in denial about anything like I am?