I survived the first day back to work… and I showed up the second day. That’s something. There were, surprisingly, no tears, but I can’t say that I didn’t wish I was at snuggling that boy all day. Evan did pretty good at handling daycare. He’s not really napping (he’s in cat nap city, man), but he IS eating and taking bottles. So at least he’s not starving when he gets home. Just cranky. I’m sure he’ll get into a routine at some point. Poor little guy has no idea what’s going on though!
Due to my return to work, I kept things SUPER simple this week. I’m not even bothering to try out anything new, recipe wise. And I ordered in pizza last night. There’s no cooking on my first day back! You should be proud of me for not ordering out every day. It’s tempting. Here’s what ‘s on the menu…
- Salad with Berries, Peaches, Chicken, and Pralined Pecans <–I could eat this salad every day
- Pizza (Green Pepper and Mushroom)
- Salmon, Brussels Sprouts, and Couscous
- Coconut Chicken, Broccoli, and Jasmine Rice
- Pasta, Chicken Sausage, and Marinara (from a jar)
- Veggie Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries
- Pulled Pork, Baked Beans, and Corn on the Cob
Working out will be limited, but I’m hoping to squeeze it in. I know I can get workouts in on Saturday and Sunday, but everything else is up in the air! Here’s what I WANT to do. We’ll see.
- Monday – Off
- Tuesday – 2 miles – easy
- Wednesday – Off
- Thursday – 2 miles – easy
- Friday – Solo Spin and Strength
- Saturday – Strength and 3-4 miles – intervals
- Sunday – Spin
I probably should add nursing and pumping to this list. Oh, how I have NOT missed pumping. I feel like a cow. Mooooo. At least it burns mega calories… perks!
Do you plan your easy weeks or do you just let them happen? Is it Friday yet?