Ahhh life. There’s a lot THAT going on up in here…. in bullets.
1. I ran 10 miles on Saturday.
They weren’t fast, but they were pretty.
And I felt really good afterwards. I’m not really ready to race a half marathon, but I COULD run 13.1 miles.
I woke up at 5:45 and STILL didn’t leave the house until 7:30. This is why I can’t work out in the mornings right now. Everything takes too long.
2. We drove down to South Florida for the night on Saturday to visit our friends Brian and Trisha. There was wine and a lot of football. And a lot less whining because the kids LOVE playing together.
And we discovered that two hours is E’s max amount of time in the car. Good thing the rest of the weekend he was Mr. Charming Pants.
3. I’m so excited — I have a new coworker! We actually met through work 9 years ago (<–crazy that it’s been that long), and then I left her. Despite trying to get her to join me for years, it’s never worked out – until now. We’re reunited and it feels SO good.
This is like the opposite of a selfie, right?
4. Livie has been a CHAMP with her cast. People keep asking me if it’s bothering her and it’s really not. Every now and then she’s whine about not being about to do something, but then she gets over it. Our biggest challenge is that she FORGETS she has a cast on and she swings it around knocking people down.
5. I’m going to be an aunt… times two! Both of my brother’s wives are having babies next year. One is most definitely a boy, which I have to admit I’m pretty excited about. Evan is going to have a buddy!! I’ve already apologized to my brother for all of the trouble they are going to get into together. B and L are pretty excited about having cousins too. Let’s face it — cousins are pretty awesome.
6. I’m attempting to pick up some new TV shows this season. So far I’m “meh” on all of the ones I’ve watched. In case you were wondering – these are the shows (old and new) we will be DVRing:
- Monday – HIMYM, Mom, Blacklist (possibly)
- Tuesday – Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Agents of Shield, Supernatural
- Wednesday – Modern Family
- Thursday – Parks and Rec, The Crazy Ones (possibly), Scandal
I might check out out a few more, but that’s definitely enough to keep my DVR full. Especially since I am ready for bed at 9pm more nights!
7. Remember how I said I wasn’t drinking during the week? Well, it’s out the window this week. I kinda wanted to run today and then I sat in traffic for an hour – so this happened…
You win some, you lose some. You go to bed early.
8. I feel like E needs to dress up like Heisenberg for Halloween. Paula suggested that B dress up as Jesse — which would be PERFECT (although, he wouldn’t get it). I need to make this happen, right?
9. Because we were out of town this weekend, I didn’t get to go food shopping. I had enough food for Sunday and Monday night’s dinner — but completely forgot that we didn’t have anything planned for tonight. For about 5 minutes I contemplated getting pizza or Chinese, but remembered I had some chicken in the freezer, some salsa in the fridge, and cans of corns and black beans in the pantry (does anyone buy corn and black beans EVERY WEEK for no reason — or is it just me??). I threw them together (added some pepper jack cheese and cilantro) and I created a dinner that everyone liked.
I wish I took a picture of it, but I ate it instead.
10. Is this week over yet?
I have about 250 unread posts on Feedly — tell what’s going on with YOU.