Race Talk

Guess who has a race on Sunday??

You know you wanted to see this picture again. #scaryselfie

Yes, this girl! (And this girl! Go guess her time!)

It’s the same 5-miler race I ran last year when I was pregnant with Evan (kinda funny that it will be his first race as a “participant” and as a spectator) and I’m hoping for a PR. Last year I ran it in 48:38 at 11 weeks pregnant. I HAVE to run this one faster, right?

UCF52012

At the very least it will be cooler and less humid. The weather this weekend is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL. <–About damn time.

Honestly, even if I don’t – I’m super excited because this kicks off race season. In addition to this 5-miler, I have 4 half marathons on my calendar (can you say addicted?) starting with the Baldwin Park Half Marathon in November.

BaldwinPark

Paula and I were seriously considering running the St. Augustine Half — but the thought of driving up there the morning off and having to deal with pumping and all that jazz does NOT sound like something I want to deal with right now (especially when I’m sleep deprived), so we’re putting it on the back burner. Maybe next year (it really does look like an amazing race). Instead, we’re running this (relatively small) race that is super close to home. Sleeping in your own bed before a half marathon is the best.

After these 4 halfs — I’m not sure what the future brings. I’m hoping that 2014 brings new races and new PRs, but mostly just a lot of injury-free running! I have to admit, one thing that is ALWAYS on my mind is Marathon #2. I’m hoping it’s Chicago, but even if it’s not – it’s happening next year.

What races are YOU doing in the next few months??? Anything I need to put on my calendar next year?

Comments

Yay for races!! I still need to post my recap of my 5 miler from last weekend, so behind! I’m excited to hear about your half marathons coming up as well :) If you do Chicago next year you may need to let me know because I’ve considered it (since it’s pretty close to us here in Indy) and how fun would it be to meet up? Good luck going for your PR!
    Carissa recently posted..Update on B’s Cardiology Appointment

2. Theresa says

Woohoo! Have fun!!
    I’m not eyeing any running races, but I’m starting to watch for cycling events. Unfortunately a lot of the ones coming up this fall/winter don’t allow enough training time, but next year at this time I hope to be back at it enough to be fearing up for a 50 mile mountain bike event!

I have never run a 5 mile race before! I don’t think we have any up here. We have an 8K, which is basically 5 miles. This comment has no point.

Good luck this weekend!
    Kara recently posted..Mutant Toddler

Currently on list is Baldwin (basically where we ran together that one time!), Orlando/OUC Half, ZOOMA Half, and Celebration Half. This takes me to the end of January — so obviously there will be more! I’m seriously considering Gasparilla since my brother lives RIGHT THERE. What about you? Anything on your schedule?

I would LOVE to run the St. Augustine half!! I think I’m doing the Sea World 5K on December 14th (or around that date). And I’d love to run 2 or more halfs in the new year (aka the same or more amounts than I ran this year). I just need to get through this time-consuming semester at school, THEN I can focus on running again. Now if the husband bought me a treadmill to help with my problems, that would be great hahha
    char eats greens recently posted..CSA pickup: week 16 + life lately

When do you get to Florida and how long are you here? You really need to come run the OUC half :) (It’s December 7th)

I wish I had someplace to put a treadmill. As much as I hate it, it would be handy. Maybe in my next house!

Good luck with your race!

I’m running the Red Ribbon Half (new half in Lakeland) and Celebration. I might run OUC and Gasparilla but have not signed up for either of those. I think the best part of the weather finally cooling down here, is how much faster it makes you feel. Such a confidence boost!
    Dina recently posted..I Feel Famous And Random Thoughts On Running

Thanks! It was a great race :)

I’ll be interested to hear how the Red Ribbon half goes!! And maybe we can actually meet up at a race in Celebration??? (if not OUC, I’ll definitely be there!)