This Post Is Full Of Excuses

I typically do my long runs on Sundays, but this weekend I’m full of excuses. I was READY to do 10-12 miles today. I went to bed at 10 (TEN!). My clothes were waiting, my gear was laid out, and my alarm was set. But then a little thing called Evan kept waking up and by the 4th wakeup  (which included a wardrobe change) at 5am (I was planning on getting up at 6), I decided to throw in the towel and sleep.

Sidenote: We definitely believe in tough love when it comes to sleep, and we have done plenty of crying it out (even last night). I think being sick, combined with with worst diaper rash on the planet (thanks antibiotics!), gearing up to walk (!!!) and kicking off another leap has him all out of sorts. In fact, I’m writing this right now as he refuses to nap despite being exhausted!

So yeah. I got up at 7:45 and by then it was already too hot to run. It’s been in the 90s here, because… Florida. All morning I contemplated running at night vs. running on the treadmill. Truthfully? I didn’t want to do either. So in the end, I decided to change up my running this week and NOT do a long run. I KNOW! I AM LIVING LIFE ON THE EDGE. Instead, I’m going to see how I do running consecutive days. I usually only run 3 days a week. Not for any particular reason. So, I’m changing it up.

TodayI ran a “quick” 4-miler (8:10 pace) on the treadmill (that was like TORTURE) and squeezed in a 20 minute workout that surprisingly kicked my ass. I was running short on time, but I assure you that you don’t need a lot of time to have a workout make you insanely sweat, turn you into jelly, and exhaust you.

AintNobodyGotTimeForThat.jpg

*I’m not a personal trainer, so I won’t tell you what weights to use but I use 12lbs and 15lbs*

So the rest of the week? The plan is to run 5 miles Monday, 7 miles Wednesday, 3 miles on Thursday, and 3 miles on Friday (with my bootcamp class on Saturday).

And if I write about it on the internet, it will happen.

flowers

How often do you run? Does if help you to run more or less during a week (aka – what am I missing out on here)?

Comments

1. Rachel says

These days I only run when they make us at CrossFit. I haven’t run more than 2 miles in months so you are lightyears ahead of me!

2. Wanda says

It is a wonder you have time to run at all.

I have been using the Bowflex Treadclimber 3 days a week since January, but this walking and stairs in the trains and subways have just about done me in.

The best part is, we are having a great time, so it is worth it.

See you soon!

I hope you guys are having FUN!!!!

Stairs are a beast – no matter how in shape you are! Fun fact: I take the elevator every day at work — to the 2nd floor. :)

Love your GIFs every. fricken. time. I was suppose to do a long run yesterday too, but life gets in the way (as in Nia wakes up at least 2 times a night for as long as I can remember, and now I’m having sleep troubles, plus committing to going to your SIL’s house and time goes by at a ridiculously fast pace that you no longer have time to get a long run in before going there!).

And seriously, that workout sounds pretty stellar.
    char eats greens recently posted..the countdown is on

I haven’t run in about 4 weeks because I haven’t had good running shoes (can’t afford them) and I’ve been dealing with shin splints and plantar fasciitis. I get new running shoes this week and I’m hoping to start running again…which is good because today started 1/2 Ironman training! Eeeek!!! I’m hoping to run 3, maybe 4 days a week with one of those days being a long run.
    Ara recently posted..Emigration Canyon Ride

I am waiting for my running mojo to return. Every morning, I wake up, look around, shrug. No mojo.

When I AM running, I do long runs on Saturday morning. Sunday, the laziness has set in and it just won’t happen. So just tell Dan to change his work schedule to accommodate your running. Seems reasonable to me.

And I’m glad E is so stinkin cute because that waking up during the night thing is not.

I hate it when the mojo disappears. I’m worried about that happening before October – so I’m trying not to overdo it right now. You WILL find that mojo again. If not, I’m going to go out looking for it for you, because… Chicago.

I’m hoping Dan DOES switch his schedule around. It seems like a simple request, no? It would be sooooo much more ideal if I could run on Saturdays. Well, I guess I could if I got up at 4am (not happening).

And yes, it’s really a GOOD thing he’s so damn cute. I don’t even mind it when he wakes up once – but 4 times is just excessive.

I really used to enjoy running on the beach barefooted. Unfortunately I stepped into a small whole dug by some kids that were building sand castles and this lead to a sharp pain in my foot. I was later told that this is as a result of the stretching of the plantar fascia. I really hope I don’t lose all the motivation to carry on training for my 10K run. Cheers
    Helen Nelson recently posted..Brooks Women’s Ariel Running Shoe Buyer Guide