And just like that… I’m a year older.

image (1)

My computer can’t even lie to me about my age. Rude.

On the plus side, it’s an even year and I have a weird thing with even numbers. On the negative — I’m slowly sliding into that land called my 40s… but I still FEEL 25.

So, 35 in review… it was a pretty great year overall. I accomplished a few personal goals and work goals. I PR’d — not just once, but several times. I bounced back from having a baby and things in life got a little easier again. I’m healthy, my family is healthy, and I’ve got great friends. Actually not just great friends, the best friends. I also became an aunt – twice! and did a little traveling to a few places I hadn’t been before (for work, but still).

It was also a tough year. My hormones were all over the place, I wasn’t sleeping (well, I’m still not really sleeping, but it’s getting better), I lost my Godmother, and I might have lost my mind a little.

That said, I think there are always tough moments in every good year. That’s life, right? If anything it makes you appreciate what you have.

What I have is a plentiful life full of happiness and love. I know, I’m getting a little cheesy here, but even during the sad/unhappy/angry times, I am reminded that I have it good. And I am grateful – for these experiences, these moments, and the people who influence me every day.

Shhhh... Our babies are sleeping.

Last minutes snuggles before heading out. #workingmom #eisnotimpressed

My girls ❤ @kao4018 @eatwatchrun @jackiec44 @jlreynolds78 @shineyhiney

More drinking on Saturday... Before @eatwatchrun and I sent @jackiec44 off in a sketchy cab.

Going through my pics from Saturday night... The humidity killed our cute hair.

We look pretty hot. #OrlTaste #boobs

No makeup, hair in a bun, beer in hand...

Intense game of Toy Story Yahtzee.

Got to spend the day with my girl. ❤️❤️

Somedays I feel crazy. Every day I feel lucky.

Doing a little cliff walking before we head home!

So very thankful for my three favorite turkeys. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Three little Seminoles jumping on the bed... #gonoles #fsu

MJK

IMG_6236

Just one of many, and I mean many, work holiday party photos where I'm rocking the crazy arms...and the dance floor.

I think @eatwatchrun and @hungryhealthymj are trying to hug me...

Jazz hands! (Thanks @hungryhealthymj for this photo!)

image

Last night in Newport. Wow. #nofilter

2 hours of baseball practice with all the kids, by myself = a giant glass of wine.

1:54:14 (unofficial) #bestdamnpr @bestdamnrace

image

Wedding selfie. It looks like we have antlers.

We steal bouquets when pregnant... This is the end of an era. @kao4018

This kid. ❤️❤️

No turning back now!!! #chimarathon #26.2 #eek

Kissing him, without protest, while I can.

Best running friend forever  @eatwatchrun

Breakfast baby meetup with @activeeggplant and @hmarron27

Livin' with my bitches. #live cc: @eatwatchrun @jackiec44 @kwidrick @jencook76

Low(er) humidity, no eaten bugs, and a view like this -- what's not to love? #running #wooendorphins

My three little loves. Just a little different from last year. ❤️

IMG_6338

Last day of school! They are definitely ready for 3rd grade and Kindergarten. #wheresthepausebutton

Can't wait to run 26.2 miles in this shirt on Oct. 12th! #TeamRMHC #chimarathon

Off to the Army Ball. It's like prom... When you're {almost} 36.

Tickets in hand!! Have I mentioned I'm SO excited? #fallonorlando

Important teachable moment: take selfies when you look cute and snuggly.

And that’s just a FEW of the pictures I took. I might need an intervention.

As for 36… I hope it’s a year of challenges, fun, and growth. I don’t see myself doing anything CRAZY, but who knows. The closer I creep to 40, the closer I think I might as well enjoy my youth. And by enjoy my youth I mean drink a glass of wine, read the Urban Dictionary monthly so I know what thinks like “Turnt” and “Show beer” and “Got Laid Parade” mean (yes, these are real things that I have to keep up with because I’ll have a teenager in 5 years *sob*), watch a lot of TV, and read a few books. Oh, and run. I’m going to run my little heart out this year.

So here’s to 36! *Clink clink*

Comments

Happy Birthday, M! I think you’ll do something crazy this year. Like run 2 marathons. And then who knows what’s gonna happen at Fitz and the Tantrums. #crowdsurf Hope you have a great birthday!

P.S. What’s this FB social plugin. You didn’t run this by me!

Oh, man – now I have to crowd surf. And there must be something really wrong with me that I didn’t even consider running 2 marathons within a 6-week period “crazy.”

2. Jim says

Michelle Happy Birthday wow another year you look great /// skinny legs LOL hope you have a great day BEHAVE OR TRY XOXO

3. Melissa says

Happiest of happy days to you! Is it weird that I really enjoyed all the pictures even though I’ve probably seen most of them? They made me smile :) Here’s to another great year for you!

Also, if you want to amuse yourself (I found it amusing anyway), check this out http://you.regettingold.com/

I actually thought while I was posting the pictures — why don’t I just post the link to my instagram. Lol.

Thanks for birthday wishes — and that did amuse me. I am 13,155 days old as of right now. And counting.

Happy Birthday! I’m right there with you — as I’m approaching 36, I don’t feel a day over 25. …and I definitely just looked up “turnt” last week. Hope this is another great year for you!

Thank you!!

Lol to also just looking up “turnt” — thankfully (maybe?) we have these online resources to help us as we age. How did our parents deal? Lol.

5. Cynthia Wright says

Let's see, half of your life you were a kid and the other half you were an adult. Hope the rest of your birthday and all of your future are wonderful.

Happy birthday friend! I hope you’ve had a wonderful day and I hope you have the most blessed year. Your family is SO cute! I enjoyed looking at all the pictures you posted.
    Ara recently posted..Things People Say

Thank you! I actually had a great day :) It’s great to enjoy getting older — instead of stressing out about it. I wish I could go back in time and tell my 20-something self that.

Thank you!!

You can come run with me any time — although, now I’m running slow for my marathon you might need to pace me. We WILL run together some day. I know it!

7. Angie says

Happy birthday! You had a great year. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. I like that although you work full time and have 3 adorable kids you still find time for your hobbies. You’re setting a great examples for your kids.

Thank you! And I try – every day. I think it helps that I love being busy, active, and engaged. I can only hope that my kids will feel the same way when they get older. I definitely got it from my parents (who always had me involved in everything), so I hope to pass it on!

8. Maryellen Lalikos says

Enjoy 36 before all your hormones start going berserk when you hit 40!! You are beautiful inside and out..you attract happiness and love!! Live life to your fullest and enjoy your family! <3

Hey, I still have 4+ years :) Although, I still can’t believe that I’m that close to 40. Didn’t you just turn 40?? Thanks for the birthday wishes. I’m living life to the fullest every day!