Last week I was somewhat successful when it came to workout and eating my planned menu. It was all somewhat a fail. You win some, you lose some.
Running didn’t really happen. I ran on the treadmill last Sunday and that was it. I did HIIT/Strength/Weights instead (with some cardio involved, but minimal running). I just didn’t feel like running. Who am I?? I did wake up early once to go to Bootcamp, which is better than the zero times I got up the week before.
One thing I kind of forgot to plan for last week was our long-planned date night. Dan and I bought tickets to see Joel McHale for our anniversary gift in December – so we went to see him on at Hard Rock Live on Saturday. Some people want Tiffany jewelry for a gift… some people want to watch a tall, attractive man tell stories for 2 hours (Ok, I’ll take both) (and I was sitting close enough to Joel to assure you that he is tall, attractive, and surprisingly buff – where did he get those arms? Ahem…)
For dinner we went to The Cowfish at Citywalk. I got sushi and it was good, but Dan’s got a burger and it was IMPRESSIVE.
If you ever end up there – the trick to to eat at the bar area (it’s first come, first serve). There was a huge wait when we got there – but ended up sitting a high-top right by the bar immediately.
That night, along with bookclub and a Friday night soccer game (that ended up getting cancelled) kind of derailed my menu last week – but I’m back on track this week. Maybe.
- Pesto Shrimp Pasta with Arugula, Tomatoes, and Shaved
- Salad with Chicken Tender, Strawberries, and Mango (and probably goat cheese)
- Green/Red Bell Peppers and Chicken Sausage
- Red Curry Chicken w/Jasmine Rice
- Lemon Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
- Omelettes and Sweet Potato Fries
- Sunday – 1 mile run and leg workout plus yard work
- Monday – More yard work
- Tuesday – Bootcamp (am)
- Wednesday – 5-miles (maybe?) (am)
- Thursday – Off (or Bootcamp if I skip my Wednesday run)
- Friday – Kettlebell Workout (pm)
- Saturday – Bootcamp (am)
I’m interested to see when the running bug is going to come back. I’m avoiding it on purpose with the hopes that after this break I’ll miss it. It is weird that I actually miss running, but I don’t miss running?