Well hello there Thursday. How YOU doin’?
I have to admit, I’m usually pretty happy when the weekend comes around, but since I’ve been on maternity leave, Thursday just means another week is flying by. I’m going back to work on July 15th and that date is rapidly approaching. Enough of that sadness…here’s what going on with me this week.
1. It’s birthday week! Not mine (that’s next week) but Dan’s.
His birthday is Saturday and we are celebrating the old man by taking a family trip to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. I have nothing else planned at the moment. I feel like we SHOULD celebrate in a big way because we are both turning 35 and for some reason that feels momentous. Although Sweet Tomatoes IS pretty awesome.
2. I am still working on finishing Evan’s room and I will be getting these letters in the mail in the next week or so…
After much hemming and hawing, I custom ordered them from a seller on Etsy. Braeden and Livie also have their names on their walls (I did B’s myself – but no longer have the patience or time for creativity). I’m still looking for prints to go on the other wall and then I’ll be done!
FYI – That is not purple, but grey. It’s just a little off because the lighting.
3. I swear I have two other kids and they are really cute (I might be biased). Proof:
They are super busy with summer camp and also exhausted when they get home. It’s great because they generally go to bed and pass out HARD (although, they normally go to bed without any problems any way) but it’s BAAAAAD because they get home and they are super whiny and super stinky. They seem to have having a fun summer though and that makes me feel a little bit better about sending them off to camp while I stay home. I appreciate the time with Evan though, I have to ration out my mom guilt where I can.
4. Something interesting and (somewhat) educational: This morning on Good Morning America they had a news story previous news articles about women and how their fertiilty drops significantly after age 35 was citing research from French birth records from 1670 to 1830. Umm what??
This article in The Atlantic debunks those numbers. Guess what ladies? You’re more fertile than you think! I have to say, the whole “have a baby” before you hit 35 (when you are considered Advance Maternal Age (AMA)) was an underlying reason on why I decided to have a 3rd baby this year. Although, when talking to my Dr. about it last year he DID say that those numbers were antiquated. I just didn’t know by how much! The article brings up some pretty good points to consider when looking at the research behind fertility and even birth defects/ miscarriage. There’s so much UNSAID about fertility – how can we trust any of it to apply to us?
5. I got my hair done yesterday.
It feels so good not to have roots and dead ends– and you can see my eyes again! I have to admit, the last few weeks I’ve mainly been wearing my hair up in a bun, but it definitely felt nice to be pampered for a few hours.
I think E likes the colors. I caught him staring at my bangs this morning. Or maybe he just likes my bangs.
6. I have started quite the wine collection with the goal of NOT drinking it by the end of the summer. Lol.
I bought a few more “deal” bottles from Publix this week and stocked up at Total Wine & More today. It’s like a new project for me or something.
7. Speaking of alcohol, I have a new favorite beer.
It light and crisp and has hints of grapefruit, which in my opinion is the perfect summer beer.
8. I am in need of some new music. (Countdown to running? T-minus 5 days!)
There are the latest songs I have on my “Return to Running” playlist – but obvious I need a few more. Hit me with your favorite song.
9. Speaking of songs. I have to agree with this assessment
What.the.heck? And WHY?
10. Evan is still cute.
Sorry (I’m not sorry), I couldn’t help myself.
What’s going on in your world this week? Don’t mind me as I go to bed now. Zzzzz. Have I mentioned I”m tired?