Get excited for a whole bunch of random stuff… It’s time for another installment of things I keep meaning to tell you!
1. We’re two weeks out from Christmas and I’m feeling a little Scrooge-like up in here. We have yet to buy a tree or decorate. It doesn’t help that it’s freaking 85 degrees outside. Seriously Florida, get your shit together. Winter technically starts in 12 days.
Did you know that it’s almost summer in Australia… and it’s the same temperature here as it is there? They are predicting that it’s going to be in the 70s on Christmas Day… which… just makes my heart shrink three sizes. If I start turning green, please let me know.
2. Amazon Prime is AMAZING.
This is my first Christmas with Prime and I think it’s pretty much paid for itself these last few weeks alone. Even though I’m feeling like Scrooge in the spirit department, I’m kicking ass in the gift department. I still have a few more items to cross off my list, but I think last year at this time I had purchased nothing. That’s a win right? I’m sure I will still wait until the last minute to wrap everything though. #procrastinatorforlife
3. Jackie and I took our girls to see Frozen a few weeks ago. At the time I was really ‘meh’ about going. It was right before Thanksgiving, I really had no desire to see it, and the showing was at Downtown Disney (which is about 45 minutes from me)… but I sucked it up because a) it was free and b) I needed a little girl time with Livie. Needless to say it was pretty great.
Not only does Kristen Bell sing (along with Idina Menzel – who can really do no wrong – it’s so unfair that she can sing like that
AND is married to Taye Diggs oops, apparently I jinxed that one), but I didn’t expect the end AT ALL. And it’s a FANTASTIC princess movie. Plus, the animation was gorgeous. And did I mention Kristen Bell? Anna is now officially my favorite Disney Princess *decorates walls* So, if you haven’t seen it – GO SEE IT NOW.
4. I’ve been reading A LOT but haven’t been telling you about it at all. So, here are a few of the books I recommend…
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
This book was great. Seriously great. Read it!
Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan
This book – wow. Made me paranoid, but at the same time it falls into the “More you know” category.
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
A few people recommended this book to me and I thought it was OK. I didn’t bawl at the end like everyone told me I would, though.
The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
I really enjoyed this book – except the end. And it’s not that I hated the end — I just have mixed emotions.
Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan
Another book where I enjoyed it thoroughly — until the end.
Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham (yes, that Lauren Graham)
I read this one at the end of my pregnancy/when Evan was a newborn — so it took an insanely LONG time to finish, even though I should have been done with it in two days. However, it’s cute and sweet and well written. I hope Lauren Graham continues to write!
I’m currently reading The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan and so far I’m sucked in. I am a pretty big fan of Amy Tan’s — although her last few books haven’t delivered, so I’m hoping this one changes things.
Anything I NEED to read next?
5. A book I don’t recommend is Allegiant. I was so disappointed by it and hated the ending. So much so that I’m not even going to do a full review (like I did with Divergent and Insurgent). It could have been great. Instead it sucked. Did ANYONE like it?
6. Race photos are fun, even if I always look like I am dying. Also, those shorts and socks really emphasize how long my legs are. In case you were wondering where I got my blog name from, here you go…
Just out for a stroll.
7. Evan just wanted to say “I”m still not sleeping!!!”
Anyone want to come sleep train him?? Or maybe babysit him (and his siblings) on Saturday night? 🙂
On a happy note, he’s now sitting in a shopping cart and it’s kind of adorable.
He also refused to look at me while I took these pictures. Probably because I’m already embarrassing him.
So, what’s new with you? Any book recommendations?